Hi hoping for some advise I have been given an iphone3 by my dad . Which my youngest sonehas repeatedly trid to enter the wrong pass code. When I connect it it my pc it says ' cannot connect to I tunes enter pass code " . Any ideas great fully received Paul...
    10-28-2013 07:48 AM
    Hi,

You'll have to restore the phone - however to get around the passcode you'll need to put it in to DFU mode. Not as tricky as it sounds , link here: iPhone DFU mode explained, and how to enter DFU mode on your iPhone

Then you need to download ios 4.2.1 I tihnk it is - newest compatible software with your iphone . link here : iPhone, iPod, iPad and Apple TV Firmware Download

Plug your iphone in to itunes - it will say it needs to be restored or similar. Click restore whilst holding shift and select the firmware you just downloaded from above ^.

It will then install the firmware and you shoud have a fresh iphone with no passcode!

Good luck
    11-01-2013 09:39 AM