Adding a new phone number to an existing phone number always resets to ring tone to the default instead of leaving it at the selected ring tone? Why and how can you change this? It was never a problem before the new IOS 7
    10-26-2013 02:49 PM
    Are you saying if I understand that you just changed your cell phone number to a new one on the same phone? I know that when I had my same iPhone 4S and updated from OS 6 to OS 7 indeed the dafault ringtone changed to iOS 7 new default ringtone. It was merely going into sounds and changing it back to what I had it it but now that i have had a chance to listen to the new one and get use to it, I changed it back. Very simple to do and no big deal. To answer your question I don't think there is anything you can do before hand to prevent it.
    10-26-2013 07:11 PM
    I was referring to adding an additional phone number to an existing group in my phone book; i.e. a home phone number to an existing address book iphone number. Example, I have my family on a different ring tone than business people. However, when you add a new phone number to an existing group, it changes the ring tone back to the default from what you originally chose. So you have to go back each time when you add a new number to that existing group, and reset the ring tone back to the one you wanted or it will be changed to a default ringtone. Before in IOS 6 it would not change the ring tone to the default when you did this.
    10-27-2013 02:37 AM