Iphone 5S

I

iMore Question

I live in the C?te d'Azur, South of France and got my new iPhone 5S a week ago, ( I used to have Ian Phone 4S for 2 years.)
Very light and narrower, it feels safer in hand, the scan Works magically ( doubled it with a code, I have now 3 for this device : the phone, the sim card (gone nano size) code and the thumb!) The time and hassle you save with your thumb, or index ( left or right) is stunning..
I was FED up with typing the phone code all the time, and needed it for security in my office, now the scan is really a superb improvement, it takes half-track a second to open.

One drawback, whose fault is it, the phone software or the Provider (Orange in my case) : the VoiceMail freezes, after 3/4 minutes Works again, then freezes again, then ..and so on. Grrrr!

Quite a few apps are not yet updated (9 out of 34,) and their icons are darked.
It seems that IOS7 is slower than 6, I can see that when clicking an icon, Safari is slower in opening as well.

The parallax of the desktop with selected photos behind the flat icons is very pleasant.

The battery Life seems much shorter than the 4S one, I would say as much as 20% . Bad!

As usual, I expect my latest Apple device to be a revolution!! But this isn't the case, and the improvement needed is probably under way ( I am at 3rd update in a week for security, for bugs etc..)

Sorry to be so long, I don't want to seem review this new Iphone, just some first impressions
Lucien
Apple user since 1984 !! ( MacbookPro 5, 2011, IPad Retina 128G, Iphone 5S)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you updated OTA, backup your device, put it in DFU mode and restore as new via iTunes and see if that prevent the voicemail freeze and improve your battery life. As for your apps not being updated, that falls on the apps' developers. Anyway, thank you for sharing your first impressions. Take care.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR