okay so my internet connection is fine. my apps work, but imessage wont. my messages wont send and i cant receive them....what should i do? this has been going on for 3 days now and usually when its down its only for a short time. ive reset my ipod (ipod 4) and reset my router box but it still wont work. ive tried using a different email and it worked for 5 minutes. everyone in my house has their imessage working fine. what do i do? my phone broke and my ipod was all i had.
    10-23-2013 07:11 PM
    Since it sounds like you have done many of the right things try toggling off iMessage and hard reboot your phone, Turn iMessage back on and see if this does not restore function to the use of iMessage for you. Is the iPod the only iDevice you have? I ask because if you had an iPhone I was going to ask you to try a phone number instead of email but if you don't that wont work so try what I suggested but since I now know you have an iPod don't worry about the reboot.
    10-23-2013 07:30 PM
    okay so my internet connection is fine. my apps work, but imessage wont. my messages wont send and i cant receive them....what should i do?
    First of all, make sure yore connected to Wi-Fi and can browse the web. If so, go to Settings>Messages and then disable iMessage. After a few seconds, re-enable iMessages. After iMessage has been activated, scroll down to the "Send & Receive" section and tap on it. Make sure the "You Can Be Reached By iMessage At" and 'Start New Conversations From" option have the same Apple ID checked.
    this has been going on for 3 days now and usually when its down its only for a short time. ive reset my ipod (ipod 4) and reset my router box but it still wont work. ive tried using a different email and it worked for 5 minutes. everyone in my house has their imessage working fine. what do i do? my phone broke and my ipod was all i had.
    I understand, and hopefully, the steps above will work for you. If not, let us know please....
    10-23-2013 07:41 PM
    what OS is on your iPod? Your phone is broken were you able to turn iMessage off on the phone? Did you ever get iMessages on the iPod? I'm thinking if people are sending iMessages to your number and the iPod is not picking up the messages at the number you wouldn't get it.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
    10-24-2013 06:31 PM
    Try seeing if you have your time and date set correctly, if not, got to Settings > General > Date & Time, and switch the "Set Automatically" to on to have the right time (if that's the case, then it should work because apparently every online app requires the correct date and time...)
    06-07-2014 09:39 PM
    okay so my internet connection is fine. my apps work, but imessage wont. my messages wont send and i cant receive them....what should i do? this has been going on for 3 days now and usually when its down its only for a short time. ive reset my ipod (ipod 4) and reset my router box but it still wont work. ive tried using a different email and it worked for 5 minutes. everyone in my house has their imessage working fine. what do i do? my phone broke and my ipod was all i had.
    12-22-2014 08:52 PM