Help!!! Ipod 5 wont turn on!!!!!

I

iMore Question

Ok so i was on my iPod trying to fix a dpkg error in cydia and i found dpkg files online as told to by someone on the forums, i did this went on ifile and i accidentally copied files in the link that were usr and var i then pasted them and replaced the original usr and var files(are they important?), then all the side icons e.g. folders and stuff on ifile disappeared i then panicked and tried to open cydia and it crashed and so did most other apps so i turned it off and i cant turn it back on are there any programs or something i can use to get it to work, it is stuck in apple logo and occasionaly goes to a blank white screen please help me it is an ipod touch 5th generation and is untethered jailbroken on ios 6.1.2 help!!!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Using iFile can seriously damage the file system as you have just learned. You can try downloading iExplorer and hooking up the iPod by the USB cable and see if by some chance you can see the file system. then you would have to get back a stock copy of the directories you blew away. If not you are out of luck the only option will be to put the device into DFU and restore. Since you were JBen then you may have luckily had your SHSH blobs backed up. So look for the process of how to point to Cydia for your SHSH blobs and try to restore to 6.1.3 using an ipsw. If you are lucky you will get back there and be able to re-JB your iPod GL.

benhemple

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Using iFile can seriously damage the file system as you have just learned. You can try downloading iExplorer and hooking up the iPod by the USB cable and see if by some chance you can see the file system. then you would have to get back a stock copy of the directories you blew away. If not you are out of luck the only option will be to put the device into DFU and restore. Since you were JBen then you may have luckily had your SHSH blobs backed up. So look for the process of how to point to Cydia for your SHSH blobs and try to restore to 6.1.3 using an ipsw. If you are lucky you will get back there and be able to re-JB your iPod GL.
thanks for answering do you know where i can get stock directories of var and usr? and also do you know how i can get SHSH blobs back using a program can you send me a link to a page where it explains it or something please once again thanks

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
thanks for answering do you know where i can get stock directories of var and usr? and also do you know how i can get SHSH blobs back using a program can you send me a link to a page where it explains it or something please once again thanks

Check the JB forums here there are a ton of helpful peeps in there. I would help but my iPhone isn't JBen right now so I can't get to the file system. You can't get the SHSH blobs usually they are automatically backed up on the Cydia servers when you visiti Cydia. If it was in a waiting que it might not have been so there is a 50/50 chance. What you have to do is use a program like tiny umbrella to set your machine to check the Cydia servers for authorization(signing) instead of the Apple servers when you try to reload using the 6.1.3 ipsw. If the blobs are backed up on the Cydia servers it will work if not it will fail. There's a link in my signature go there and read through it talks about using Tiny Umbrella settings. You will get more help in the JB forums too so go there for sure.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR