...I was with my kidlets at DisneyWorld and we found a wad of cash. Turned it into lost and found, much to their dismay.

Sent from whichever BBM carrying device I happen to grab, via Tapatalk
    I'm sure Totalimmortal363 would have turned the money in straightaway too! NOT!!!
    10-25-2013 12:58 PM
    People like you disgust me!!!
    01-17-2014 12:24 PM
    People like you disgust me!!!
    Welcome to iMore, but thats NOT how we roll here.....have a great day....SMILE
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-17-2014 12:46 PM
    Ask about ways to return it to the rightful owner and you'd get a better greeting.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-18-2014 03:33 PM
    Whoa this is an old thread. Lol I kept some android phone before after finding it on the train and felt awful about it. You should at least attempt to give it back you'll feel better about yourself trust me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-18-2014 10:27 PM
    OK...so I googled to find the answer on how to unlock and transfer a "found" iphone so I can activate it for my husband. I DID call the carrier "Sprint" and they refused to help me find the owner, just offered to send me a "phone kit" and asked me to send it back to them...After I told them I am a Verizon customer and not interested in using them. He did suggest I go into a local store to help find the owner. Which I did and the Chattanooga Sprint store also refused to help find the owner after I told them I would NOT be changing carriers or simply give them the phone back. The Sprint employee said the phone was more or less a "brick" now. Then I asked why they would want it, if it was IMPOSSIBLE to get into? So I have done "due diligence" with no help from the carrier, Sprint... to find their owner. Now I would like help in unlocking this phone which says "iCloud has not been updated in 6 weeks" which I anticipate the owner has since got a new phone!!! lol, so can anyone help me unlock this iPhone 4??
    03-12-2014 11:58 AM
    OK...so I googled to find the answer on how to unlock and transfer a "found" iphone so I can activate it for my husband. I DID call the carrier "Sprint" and they refused to help me find the owner, just offered to send me a "phone kit" and asked me to send it back to them...After I told them I am a Verizon customer and not interested in using them. He did suggest I go into a local store to help find the owner. Which I did and the Chattanooga Sprint store also refused to help find the owner after I told them I would NOT be changing carriers or simply give them the phone back. The Sprint employee said the phone was more or less a "brick" now. Then I asked why they would want it, if it was IMPOSSIBLE to get into? So I have done "due diligence" with no help from the carrier, Sprint... to find their owner. Now I would like help in unlocking this phone which says "iCloud has not been updated in 6 weeks" which I anticipate the owner has since got a new phone!!! lol, so can anyone help me unlock this iPhone 4??
    Nope.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-12-2014 01:56 PM
    You went to Sprint and pretty much told them I found this phone that belongs to someone who uses your services but I'm not gonna give it to you to return to the owner. LOL

I believe Sprint did the correct thing in not giving you the info. If you would have returned the phone, they would've contacted the owner and given their phone back.

I absolutely love activation lock!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    AmpedPotato likes this.
    03-12-2014 02:56 PM
    Oh Tammy, Tammy, Tammy. Really?!!?! Your "due diligence" is nonsense. You set up the story as if you're doing the right thing, but it just collapses into a hot mess of being all about you.
    Take the phone to Sprint, remove yourself from the equation, and let the folks at Sprint do what you should allow them to do.
    Instead of unlocking the phone, how about unlocking a clue?

Sent from my AT&T LTE iPad Air. White in color of course. Or my iPhone 5s. Gold of course.
    03-12-2014 03:22 PM
    I just came across this and w/o looking and wasting my time i might have already answered this thread but it is all about you and you can be this dishonest so your husband can use it. Ever heard of doing the right thing and I hope this never happens to you the other way around. Take it to the police dept and be done with it because nobody else here is going to assist you any further and as much as you hate to hear that, You should be ashmed at how far you took this and people here to help you. Give it up and be done with it.
    03-12-2014 05:07 PM
    Take it to a Sprint store and hand it to them...walk away. This is not a difficult concept...let them make a choice in what happens to it if they don't want to assist in finding the actual owner. You're not going to get around the password protection, and none of us are going to even legitimate entertain the notion that you want help trying to find a work around...so go do the right thing and let Sprint handle the search and "due diligence".

I have a pretty good idea that your intentions were never to actually find the original owner though...simply because the above suggestion would have been common sense at the point you explained you went through.
    03-12-2014 05:09 PM
    [WARN]Illegal Activities - Do not post, sell, link, discuss, or request warez, serials, ROMs, UDID's or illegal copies of intellectual property of others. Discussions regarding hardware or software modifications designed to steal service, such as ESN cloning & phone programming modifications are also forbidden in the forums. Discussion regarding stolen devices is not permitted.*

* Stolen devices should be reported to your local police and mobile service provider.
    [/WARN]
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    03-31-2014 11:40 AM
37 12