Nighttime Sound Control

DXTAC1

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am a VERY recent Apple convert and have a simple question. Is their an app that will allow my phone to RING ONLY at night but NOT allow notifications? I can't really use the night mode built into ios 7 because I sometimes receive calls from alarm companies and the phone numbers are never the same as they have monitoring locations all over the world. On Android they have MANY apps to control sound but I haven't been able to find anything for the iPhone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thank You in advance,

Derek

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. In regard to your question, I am unaware of an app that will only allow your phone to ring at night. That is not to say that there isn't one or more. I'm simply unaware of any.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The Do Not Disturb function within iOS can be set such that it will allow calls from everyone, while silencing other notifications.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes the Do not Disturb is the way to go and you can schedule it so you don't forget to turn it off or on

I use this great tool every nite and yes you can set it for Everyone or Favorites even someone who is trying to reach you with multiple call backs in a short time

Sent from my iPhone 5

DXTAC1

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the helpful information. I played around with the settings and I should be good to go!!

Thanks again everyone that replied, this forum is fast!!!!

Derek :yes:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for the helpful information. I played around with the settings and I should be good to go!!

Thanks again everyone that replied, this forum is fast!!!!

Derek :yes:

On behalf of kataran, kch50428 & KarenKCoulter, you're very welcome...:)...Have a great day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73