What are the advantages of using icloud.com as my email address vs. sympatico.ca
    10-19-2013 11:04 AM
    Are you happy with the over one? Then keep using it. If not try something different whether it's iCloud, gmail, or yahoo. Many people also have multiple email addresses like one for work, friends and family, and a third just for website signups.

As for advantages and disadvantages and not being familiar with the .ca provider you list above, would be whether they support imap or just POP email. IMAP is generally considered better because it leaves the email on a server rather than downloading it to your device so you can access it in multiple places. (POP can kinda be configured to do that but it's not the same). Also consider whether your .ca provider has an interface to viewing mail in a web browser and if so whether you like that interface compared to the iCloud.com one.

But mainly email provider is personal preference.
    Ipheuria likes this.
    10-19-2013 11:12 AM
    Sympatico is a Canadian email provided through Bell. Depending on why you are asking about iCloud. I would suggest setting up an account because at the least you can use the iCloud features (Backup, Find my iPhone, remote wipe/remote lock, etc). Just because you setup the account doesn't mean you are required to use the email account. So if you are happy with Sympatico, like Karenkcoulter said stick with it. At the same time it's always good to have a backup email account. If Sympatico ever had problems you could just use your iCloud email instead.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s
    10-19-2013 11:40 AM
    Sympatico is a Canadian email provided through Bell. Depending on why you are asking about iCloud. I would suggest setting up an account because at the least you can use the iCloud features (Backup, Find my iPhone, remote wipe/remote lock, etc). Just because you setup the account doesn't mean you are required to use the email account. So if you are happy with Sympatico, like Karenkcoulter said stick with it. At the same time it's always good to have a backup email account. If Sympatico ever had problems you could just use your iCloud email instead.

I know I'm off-topic, but I couldn't resist. The talk about Sympatico reminded me of Simpatico, the Mexican beer I used to drink back in my party hard, get drunk, skirt chasing days...

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382198155.497055.jpg
Views: 2517
Size:  80.8 KB
    Ipheuria likes this.
    10-19-2013 11:56 AM
    I know I'm off-topic, but I couldn't resist. The talk about Sympatico reminded me of Simpatico, the Mexican beer I used to drink back in my party hard, get drunk, skirt chasing days...
    lol no Dos Equis(sp)

10-19-2013 12:32 PM
    IMAP, push updates to iOS & Macs, web-based email access, no ads, 5GB free (shared with other iCloud data). A nice simple email solution, albeit light on power features like Gmail. No ads are important to me, so I use iCloud for mail.

Apple - iCloud - All your content on all your devices.
    10-19-2013 07:16 PM

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382198155.497055.jpg
Views: 2517
Size:  80.8 KB
    Tu eres Simpatico ... =)
    10-19-2013 07:31 PM