I have a 4s model and my screen cracked so I decided to change the lcd screen by myself. I bought it through ebay and watched youtube tutorial. Unfortunately at the very start the wire that connects the battery and the connecter broke. so now i ordered a new batery also. So I replaced the screen, and returned all the parts (except the battery) and connected the iphone to the charger to check it out. the screen worked fine, but now I dont have any signal. No telephone signal, no wifi no internet. I even cant turn the wi fi on. Is it possible that the only reason for that is that i dont have the battery or I did something wrong in recoonecting the iphone parts?
    10-19-2013 08:48 AM
    I think maybe in the process of connecting everything back you failed to connect the radio. Maybe you could send it to a repair store to get it done for you, with the lessened risk of not doing it all yourself and getting something wrong in the process.
    10-19-2013 09:41 AM
    I think maybe in the process of connecting everything back you failed to connect the radio. Maybe you could send it to a repair store to get it done for you, with the lessened risk of not doing it all yourself and getting something wrong in the process.
    I concur with speedy. This is why I had a person replace my screen rather than me. If something went wrong it was on them to fix.

Sent from my Gameboy Color
    10-19-2013 09:53 AM
    I concur with speedy. This is why I had a person replace my screen rather than me. If something went wrong it was on them to fix.

That's unless you know absolutely everything you are doing with it, and not because I think you don't
    10-19-2013 10:37 AM
    That's unless you know absolutely everything you are doing with it, and not because I think you don't
    I can guarantee you 100% I don't. Hence me paying a guy $69 to replace both front and back screens.

10-19-2013 11:17 PM
    I have a 4s model and my screen cracked so I decided to change the lcd screen by myself. I bought it through ebay and watched youtube tutorial. Unfortunately at the very start the wire that connects the battery and the connecter broke. so now i ordered a new batery also. So I replaced the screen, and returned all the parts (except the battery) and connected the iphone to the charger to check it out. the screen worked fine, but now I dont have any signal. No telephone signal, no wifi no internet. I even cant turn the wi fi on. Is it possible that the only reason for that is that i dont have the battery or I did something wrong in recoonecting the iphone parts?
    There is a couple cables I would check one is specific to your cell signal I would take it back apart and check Connections and use a guide on ifixit.com I have replaced many screens never had this issue just take your time and don't force anything .. Also make sure the clip at the top is in place it can causing grounding issues as well
    Speedygi likes this.
    10-20-2013 12:40 AM