Why did you choose ios over the competition (android, Windows, bbos etc)

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
When I originally chose iPhone for the first time, widely available Android devices didn't exist, I think the best Blackberry at the time was the Pearl or the Curve? and Windows Mobile 6 was really horrible.

Why did I chose Apple again? Given the current competition?

-Personal history of user satisfaction
-Excellent build quality of the phone
-Plays pretty well with Google services
-Apple's legendary customer service and support
-and I'm already invested in the Apple ecosystem (MacBook Pro, iTunes, iPod)

I don't like Windows 8. and I have no other serious vested interest in the Windows/Microsoft ecosystem.
I've used Android phones, and while fun at first, I find over time they don't keep my attention or affection.
I love Blackberry, and I think BB OS 10 could be one of, if not the best mobile OS on the market. Shame their hardware has been seriously lacking. The Z30 could have been the one, but it's too little, too late. If the Z30 had come out in March instead of the Z10, I'd probably have one, and be on Crackberry right now instead of iMore.

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Z30, and believe you me, it is amazing.

I am confident that if they lead the BlackBerry 10 charge with the Z30, they would be way ahead of where they are now.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Z30, and believe you me, it is amazing.

I am confident that if they lead the BlackBerry 10 charge with the Z30, they would be way ahead of where they are now.

I hope it does them good. I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them but it seems a little late for that.

To the original question. Honestly I had a blackberry 9900 and it broke. Choices were pay $125 for a refurb or buy this iphone4s off a friend for $50. Cheaper always wins.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

Brutal Efficiency

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope it does them good. I'd hate to see anything bad happen to them but it seems a little late for that.

To the original question. Honestly I had a blackberry 9900 and it broke. Choices were pay $125 for a refurb or buy this iphone4s off a friend for $50. Cheaper always wins.

Would you ever consider a Z30?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Would you ever consider a Z30?

If I had the money to try a device I would definitely try it but I am not a fan of larger devices. Going from the berry to iOS and seeing and using all the apps that being it me it would be hard to sway me from iOS or android to bbos or wp8 unless they had all the apps I use.

Also as a guilty pleasure I do play games. Many of the newer games that you can play with friends are android and iOS only.

I think for now I'll be sticking with the 4s since I don't have disposable obey to blow on a phone right but more importantly it seems to be problem free at this point.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Best App Store. Solid device. Works with my other ios devices and Mac and those of family. My favorite to develop for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like the iPad which I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for the moment I saw it. The minute I heard about the first iPhone I new iPhone and it's platform was going to be my choice. I used Android on FroYo just to know what the platform was all about. I had no intention of switching but at that time the experience affirmed my decision of iOS. Android wasn't polished enough for me. The app store was a disorganized mess that didn't help me find apps. The whole experience was just a huge turn off. Even the one thing that would speak to me, customization, became overwhelming. I spent half an hour changing settings with no end in site. I got frustrated and stopped because it didn't give me a feeling of satisfaction. Blackberry was never an option for me the OS is just too confusing. I could learn to use it but I don't want to LEARN to use it. I want to just use my device and learn things along the way. Windows Phone will never in it's current form even be something I would even want to try. I'm in the iOS ecosystem. It works perfectly for me. It makes things more efficient and easy for me and my wife. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro and they work so good together and it just gets more and more convenient. It does what I need, what I want and makes me happy when I use it. This is what I look for in a platform.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73