icloud sending email

I

iMore Question

Hello all,

can anyone help? i have so much trouble just sending an email from my iphone. i have deleted 'sent' items. i transferred all my folders from an old email and thought this one would be great but if things progress like this i am going to be looking for another email account. it is getting a bit monotnous now. any help or advice would be great. or even a suggestion of a good email to use.

thanks very much

kim Johnson

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just want to make sure we have all that we need to help you. Are you taking about your icloud.com email or another email account?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
We need a little more info are you using iCloud.com on the computer or iCloud on your iOS device? What is the problem specifically? Are messages getting stuck?

Until you give us a little more info I'll suggest turning off your iCloud email on the iPhone. Go to settings, iCloud and toggle Mail to off. Go to multi-tasking (double tap the home button) and flick up the Mail app card to close the app, then reboot the device. Now on a computer open the browser go to www.icloud.com and login to the account. Open Mail and look for an Outbox if there is delete the message stuck in the outbox. If there isn't send a message just to test and make sure the account is working properly. Once you know everything is working great the go back into Settings, iCloud on your device and toggle Mail back on. Open your Mail app and send another test message from the device.

If your device has a weak 3G connection or an unstable connection that can also affect the email.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2