Is it possible to "instantly" wirelessly feed pics just taken with a 4s to an Apple TV slideshow, maybe thru an ipad2 WITHOUT internet? I'm taking pics at a haunted house next week. It's in a rural area so no internet. I have an N router I can set up a internetless wireless network, but I can't use iCloud... I don't think... I have an ipad2 as well. Even Cell reception is clogged with the overload of people amassing in this rural park. What I want to do is take pics with a 4s and have them "magically" wirelessly appear on an Apple TV slideshow as they exit. Is this even possible? With jailbreaking? With other equipment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Sharing photo streams doesn't appear to work without an internet connection :-( You would think it would just transmit the image to the other device over the unconnected network... Nope! So I reach out to you, the experienced, knowledgeable, masses to help save Halloween! Many thanks in advance.

edited to remove personal email
    Last edited by Karenkcoulter; 10-17-2013 at 09:51 PM.
    10-17-2013 08:53 PM
    This is an interesting one
    You're right that photo stream won't work without Internet access.
    Not really sure if this would work, but here goesassumes both devices are on iOS 7.
    Connect both the iPad and iPhone to the same local network.
    Connect the iPad (a second iPhone would also work) to the TV via hdmi - you need the lightning to hdmi adapter
    After taking a photo, use Airdrop to transfer the photo to the iPad.
    Put the iPad into slides show mode.

The problem I foresee with this is that I think the iPad would have to accept the photos being transferred via airdrop. I don't think there is an automatically accept option. But maybe it would be workable.
    10-17-2013 09:44 PM
    iOS 7 yes, airdrop, no. 4s and ipad2.
    10-17-2013 10:04 PM
    AirDrop was probably your only hope...
    10-17-2013 10:06 PM
    I have an hdmi out somewhere. Ill dig it out and see if that adds any options
    10-17-2013 10:06 PM
    Does that include jailbreak options? Have never, but I would be willing if it would work.
    10-17-2013 10:08 PM
    There is no jailbreak for iOS 7.... yet.
    10-17-2013 10:16 PM
    I can't think if anything that a jailbreak would help.
    10-17-2013 10:23 PM
    Camera connection kit with an SD card to copy photos to the SD card and run it over to the iPad and use the camera connection kit to transfer the photos to the iPad? But I'm not sure if the camera connection kits works on the iPhone or if it is iPad only.
    10-17-2013 10:26 PM
    I have an hdmi out somewhere. Ill dig it out and see if that adds any options
    Unfortunately the hdmi (with adapter) will only help display the photos on the TV. If won't help transferring them between devices.
    10-17-2013 10:27 PM
    You don't happen to have a computer available do you? PC or Mac? That can run iTunes? You may be able to connect the iPhone to the computer, transfer the photos over to it and use iTunes to select which photos/folders to share via Home Sharing. So if the Apple TV is logged into the same network and home sharing account and the computer is on the same network and iTunes is running with home sharing turned on, this may work (this may need to be set up where you have Internet access). I'm fairly sure the Apple TV can display photos shared via iTunes home sharing.
    10-17-2013 10:34 PM
    I do have a PC. U have to refresh the iPad within iTunes to add new pictures. It's so frustrating. The hardware/software abilities are there, but I can't make it work. Maybe a million dollar app idea for someone.
    10-17-2013 11:00 PM
    I do have a PC. U have to refresh the iPad within iTunes to add new pictures. It's so frustrating. The hardware/software abilities are there, but I can't make it work. Maybe a million dollar app idea for someone.
    Have you tried turning on Home Sharing? What I was describing above wouldn't require an iPad, just the iPhone, Apple TV, and PC. You'd probably need to keep the iPhone connected to the PC and keeping copying over photos to the folder you were sharing via Home Sharing. But yeah, I still don't know that it would work.

I'll sleep on it and see if a solution pops up in my dreams
    10-17-2013 11:20 PM
    Ok. Maybe this will illustrate what I mean with Home Sharing. These screen shots are from iTunes on my Mac, but it should be very similar on Windows.
    Turn on Home Sharing in iTunes.
    Then select the option to choose photos to share with Apple TV.
    Attachment 40373
    Select a folder/folder to monitor.
    Attachment 40374

Keep the iPhone that is taking pictures attached to the PC. Use windows explorer to copy photos into the folder select above to monitor.
    Make sure Apple TV is logged into Home Sharing.
    Then go under Computers.

Select the PC.
    You should see an option for Shared Photos.

Select it.
    Then select the folder that you shared.

You'll see thumbnails of all the photos. There is a link in the upper right for Slideshow.

Select it. Then you'll get the slideshow options and then select the Start Slideshow button.

This does work as those bad Apple TV screen shots (taken with my iPhone) were taken after I turned this feature on. No Internet required. The part I didn't test was adding photos to that folder I chose to share.
    10-17-2013 11:45 PM
    OP, did this work?
    10-18-2013 11:39 PM