i have a problem with my iphone 3gs. i want to erase all of its data so i can use it as new. how could i do it ? i tried deleting all data and content but i was stuck for almost an hour with a white loading circle at the screen. can somebody please help me with this.? im really begging you guys. thanks. all the best.
    10-16-2013 01:31 AM
    i have a problem with my iphone 3gs. i want to erase all of its data so i can use it as new. how could i do it ? i tried deleting all data and content but i was stuck for almost an hour with a white loading circle at the screen. can somebody please help me with this.? im really begging you guys. thanks. all the best.
    Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. Now, I realize you said you did that and it stalled for a while but in some cases, that's actually quite normal so be sure to plug it in and have it charging while it goes through the process. If, for whatever reason, that fails.. You can connect to iTunes and restore the device as a new setup and just be sure to not load any back-ups you may have back onto it. Personally, the first option is the most secure but you can always run through it again after setting up the device as a new one IF you want to be REALLY sure the data is gone. You never mentioned it but just in case, if you have some jailbreaks installed that may also be preventing it from wiping normally. In that circumstance, you'd have to either remove all the jailbreaks or use the second method I mentioned. Reading through the comment section might also address any further concerns you may have - http://www.imore.com/tip-clear-erase-user-data-iphone
    10-16-2013 01:49 AM
    If you were jailbroken, it will not erase properly using the Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings process. In that case you are going to have to completely reset it using DFU mode...

First of all, make sure that you’re running the latest version if iTunes. Then, just put your device in DFU mode and connect it to your computer/iTunes. It will download the latest iOS and install it for you. Good luck.
    How to put your iPhone or iPad into DFU mode | iMore
    Ipheuria likes this.
    10-16-2013 02:01 AM