Changed my Apple password on my mac and now I cannot connect to itunes or the app store on my iphone

I

iMore Question

I changed my apple password on my mac and now I cannot connect to itunes or the app store on my iphone 4S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re: Changed my Apple password on my mac and now I cannot connect to itunes or the app store on my iphone

Logout of the iTunes & App Store, reboot your device and then log back in with your Apple ID and new password.

Dale Guarneri

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
re: Changed my Apple password on my mac and now I cannot connect to itunes or the app store on my iphone

I tried that, several times, didn't work.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I tried that, several times, didn't work.

On your Mac, fire up the iTunes app, go to "Store" at the top of the screen and then select "Sign out". Now sign back in with the new password. If it works, then it definitely should work on your device, but if it does not work on the Mac iTunes Store then you need to doublecheck the password and re-enter.

Dale Guarneri

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Tried that for at least the 10th time. Triple checked the password - it works on my computer but on my iphone it still says Cannot connect to itunes store

Dale Guarneri

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Don't have any idea why, but I turned WiFi off, switched to 4G and now it's fine!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Tried that for at least the 10th time. Triple checked the password - it works on my computer but on my iphone it still says Cannot connect to itunes store
Do one final thing, sir. Login to Manage Your Apple ID with the same Apple ID and password. Sometime, just logging in there can clear up a problem. How? I do not know. If you can login successfully there then on your iPhone, go to Setting>General>Reset and then select "Reset Network Settings" and then try logging into the iTunes & App Store. If that fails then give it a day to clear itself or call Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711