I am trying to find my way around the new ecosystem on my iPad mini (I come from android phone and tablets)
    I am not quite sure how to activate or use:
    1. Messages
    2. Photo Booth
    3. Notes
    4. Newstand
    5. FaceTime

I feel like a dummy for not knowing how to utilize all of the above features... I just read on a site explaining the different things I listed, that the iMessages is able to be used only with other Apple users...
    I tried downloading something I thought would pop up on the Newstand but it did not...
    I will be jumping from my android phone also to the iPhone 5s, so far I am looking forward to at least trying for a couple of years... But, I am testing the waters with my tablet for now...

I really like the hardware of my new iPad mini, and I like how it handles, but I am afraid I am in for a couple of dissapointments (I'll get over them, eventually)

Can you post helpful sites, videos, or pictorial how to's (for a dummy like me?)
    10-14-2013 12:07 AM
    I am trying to find my way around the new ecosystem on my iPad mini (I come from android phone and tablets)
    I am not quite sure how to activate or use:
    1. Messages
    2. Photo Booth
    3. Notes
    4. Newstand
    5. FaceTime

I feel like a dummy for not knowing how to utilize all of the above features... I just read on a site explaining the different things I listed, that the iMessages is able to be used only with other Apple users...
    I tried downloading something I thought would pop up on the Newstand but it did not...
    I will be jumping from my android phone also to the iPhone 5s, so far I am looking forward to at least trying for a couple of years... But, I am testing the waters with my tablet for now...

I really like the hardware of my new iPad mini, and I like how it handles, but I am afraid I am in for a couple of dissapointments (I'll get over them, eventually)

Can you post helpful sites, videos, or pictorial how to's (for a dummy like me?)
    Message is just your texting app if it's a iPhone user there name it will be blue a regular text will be green ..

Photo booth is just a fun app to take funny pics

Notes is a notepad u can take notes and it will sync to icould and go to all your devices using the same icould address

Newsstand has a store inside of the app so check that out not all things go into it mostly just the ones from the store inside newsstand.

FaceTime has a app you can call any other iPhone or i device by the phone number of by the email they have setup for FaceTime.

Be aware this is assuming you have setup your own Apple ID and activated messages and iCloud in the settings with your Apple ID.
    Ipheuria and Godsdragon like this.
    10-14-2013 01:34 AM
    To activate both iMessage and FaceTime, do the following:

1. Go to Setting>Messages and then enable iMessage. If you want it to work in conjunction with your iPhone or other iMessage enabled device(s), use the same Apple ID. With that in mind, scroll down to "Send & Receive" and make sure the Apple ID that you want to specifically use for initiating and receiving iMessages is selected.
    2. Go to Setting>FaceTime and do the exact same thing as with iMessage with the exception of "Send & Receive". With FaceTime, select the Apple ID you want to use for "You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At" and for "Caller ID".
    10-14-2013 10:03 AM
    Thanks Peligro911!
    10-15-2013 12:08 AM
    Thank you both kindly for replies...

OK. So I activated Messages and Facetime... Now... I got to find me some ifriends to have these two work for me right?
    So... What do I use if I want to contact my android friends or blackberry friends or any friend that does not have an I device?
    10-15-2013 12:15 AM
    Any of dozens of messaging apps. They'll need to gave the equivalent on their device.
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-15-2013 07:41 AM
    Thank you both kindly for replies...

OK. So I activated Messages and Facetime... Now... I got to find me some ifriends to have these two work for me right?
    So... What do I use if I want to contact my android friends or blackberry friends or any friend that does not have an I device?
    Since it's an iPad you can use a third party app like Text+ which will give you a number so you can send text messages to people not using an iDevice. You can also just use a messaging client instead like Whatsapp but your contact will have to use the same app so an app like Text+ is a little simpler.

Newstand is for reading magazines, etc. but it can get a little confusing because some things offered will have their own app. So if you bought or subscribed to something check to see if it has it's own app. How are you liking it so far otherwise?
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-15-2013 09:09 AM
    Any of dozens of messaging apps. They'll need to gave the equivalent on their device.
    Thank you. I looked them up, and I found Talkatone, which I downloaded... I did not realize that Skype is pretty much the same, I had to set up Google voice also, and am hoping I do not get charged when I call from my tablet (I used my provider's phone number... we'll see...)
    10-15-2013 01:00 PM
    Since it's an iPad you can use a third party app like Text+ which will give you a number so you can send text messages to people not using an iDevice. You can also just use a messaging client instead like Whatsapp but your contact will have to use the same app so an app like Text+ is a little simpler.

Newstand is for reading magazines, etc. but it can get a little confusing because some things offered will have their own app. So if you bought or subscribed to something check to see if it has it's own app. How are you liking it so far otherwise?
    I really like it a lot! I am thinking that...my nixt investment will be the iPhone 5s, and then eventually an iMac..
    I am tired of the Virus and Malware merry-go-round of Windows... and I am really liking the hardware quality of my ipad.. I know it will be as good with the phone and the desktop!..
    Thank you for asking...
    10-15-2013 01:04 PM
    no problem I always like when people make the most of their devices. Yeah it's really nice when you have the phone and desktop because they all talk to each other. It makes for a really nice system and more convenient.
    Godsdragon likes this.
    10-15-2013 03:00 PM
    Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but It appears to me that Mashable seems hellbent on criticizing Apple products a bit too much.. Am I really seeing things that are not really there? :-/ I can show yous an article that is kinda deceiving in nature (the title suggests there are hidden IOS 7 hidden treasures yet the writer goes on to pick appart the new IOS... Is there a thread where these things are discussed and perhaps Apple fans can go and debate them (comment on their turf)... Thanks...
    My IPad mini rocks!
    10-19-2013 02:40 PM
    Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but It appears to me that Mashable seems hellbent on criticizing Apple products a bit too much.. Am I really seeing things that are not really there? :-/ I can show yous an article that is kinda deceiving in nature (the title suggests there are hidden IOS 7 hidden treasures yet the writer goes on to pick appart the new IOS... Is there a thread where these things are discussed and perhaps Apple fans can go and debate them (comment on their turf)... Thanks...
    My IPad mini rocks!
    I rank mashable in the same category as businessinsider-click bait journalism at its finest.
    10-19-2013 05:13 PM