update successful but can't finish the steps

I

iMore Question

Downloading iOS 7.0.2 was successful. Screen said Hello - just a few simple steps to finish. I can't get past it asking for a Rescue Email. Help!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I have never seen anything like that before on updates although I have to say I only upgraded to iOS 7. If you are backed up and cannot get past this first be real sure you are not missing some silly little step like adding some kind of particular. If you are good there I would start over knowing you have a back up as their might have been some hicuup during the process. If you are afraid to do anything, leave it and get on the phone with Apple tech support and let them help you. Good luck.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Are you getting an error message? If yes, what is it?

It will not accept the email, or let you enter it?

More details would be helpful. ;)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting an error message? If yes, what is it?

It will not accept the email, or let you enter it?

More details would be helpful. ;)

The OP did say he can't get past asking for Rescue Email which I never heard of and answered the way I did? Don't know what else to suggest at this point.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I've NEVER seen that prompt, and I've restore my devices as new on numerous occasions. Still, a google search revealed the following:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5312
I actually saw that through a direct search on Apple KB , having never seen or heard of it, It did bring back a memory to me so i am glad you posted the link as i should have so if the OP has or created a rescue email, then I suppose he can take care of it but the mere fact by the tone of his question I don't think he did.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner