I upgraded to IOS7 a week or so ago now, not sure if that is relevant. I've got an iPhone 4s.

I've got an in car charger wired up to my stereo and a docking station that I use to charge my iPhone. In the middle of the night last night it just started going through cycles of charging and not charging and eventually said that the device is not supported. This morning I get the same thing in my car when I plug my phone in.

I've been using both these devices to charge my phone for the last 20 months so no idea what has suddenly caused this issue?

Is this an IOS upgrade thing or has something bizarre triggered this behaviour?
    10-11-2013 03:27 AM
    I upgraded to IOS7 a week or so ago now, not sure if that is relevant. I've got an iPhone 4s.

I've got an in car charger wired up to my stereo and a docking station that I use to charge my iPhone. In the middle of the night last night it just started going through cycles of charging and not charging and eventually said that the device is not supported. This morning I get the same thing in my car when I plug my phone in.

I've been using both these devices to charge my phone for the last 20 months so no idea what has suddenly caused this issue?

Is this an IOS upgrade thing or has something bizarre triggered this behaviour?
    It sounds like there's been some change to the voltage.
    10-11-2013 03:47 AM
    Hi - thanks for the response.

I'm a little confused by your response. A change to the voltage in what? This is happening in both my car and my house so I assume you can only mean a change to the voltage on my phone?
    10-11-2013 04:07 AM
    Hi - thanks for the response.

I'm a little confused by your response. A change to the voltage in what? This is happening in both my car and my house so I assume you can only mean a change to the voltage on my phone?
    Ok, thought you were just having a problem with charging in the car. Thinking maybe the voltage of the vehicle may of changed.
    10-11-2013 04:22 AM
    iOS 7 will warn you if you are not using an authorized charging device.
    10-11-2013 08:14 AM