I have tried several suggestions on the web - to no avail
    10-10-2013 11:54 AM
    Go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to "Default Account" and make sure that iCloud is selected.

Now go to Settings>iCloud and then turn enable contacts to be synced.

Login to the iCloud website via a computer and verify that your contacts are present.
    10-10-2013 12:16 PM
    I suddenly got into this problem too. Calendar data is sent to iCloud but Contacts does not.
    I guess this happens after an iOs upgrade.
    I've tried lot of things, service off-on, restart
    Go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to "Default Account" and make sure that iCloud is selected.
    The only "Default Account" I have listed are about Mail, and Calendar.
    Thank you
    03-03-2014 02:52 PM
    I suddenly got into this problem too. Calendar data is sent to iCloud but Contacts does not.
    I guess this happens after an iOs upgrade.
    I've tried lot of things, service off-on, restart

The only "Default Account" I have listed are about Mail, and Calendar.
    Thank you
    Is your contacts associated with that particular email account? In other words, if you were to log in to that email account via your computer, will those contacts be listed in the contacts section of that email account? If so, those contacts will sync to your device and vice-versa if they sync is enabled.
    03-03-2014 03:38 PM
    Hello D, thanks for your help.
    I don't have Contacts associated to any email account (Email has been always disabled in iCloud)
    As I said before I had no problems until I realized some days ago certain new contact I added in my phone was not in my Desktop (iMac) nor iCloud
    Thanks
    PS: I checked again today and magically that contact was synced. (no typo errors because other people with the same last name were listed on that times)
    Who knows...
    03-04-2014 12:08 PM
    PS: I checked again today and magically that contact was synced. (no typo errors because other people with the same last name were listed on that times)
    Who knows...
    I guess it must've been a temporary glitch i.e. caused by a loss of connection with iCloud at the time you added the contact.
    04-09-2014 06:30 AM