iPhone contacts do not sync to iCloud

I

iMore Question

I have tried several suggestions on the web - to no avail

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to "Default Account" and make sure that iCloud is selected.

Now go to Settings>iCloud and then turn enable contacts to be synced.

Login to the iCloud website via a computer and verify that your contacts are present.

Daniel Stonek

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I suddenly got into this problem too. Calendar data is sent to iCloud but Contacts does not.
I guess this happens after an iOs upgrade.
I've tried lot of things, service off-on, restart
Go to Settings>Mail, Contact, Calendars and then scroll down to "Default Account" and make sure that iCloud is selected.
The only "Default Account" I have listed are about Mail, and Calendar.
Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suddenly got into this problem too. Calendar data is sent to iCloud but Contacts does not.
I guess this happens after an iOs upgrade.
I've tried lot of things, service off-on, restart

The only "Default Account" I have listed are about Mail, and Calendar.
Thank you

Is your contacts associated with that particular email account? In other words, if you were to log in to that email account via your computer, will those contacts be listed in the contacts section of that email account? If so, those contacts will sync to your device and vice-versa if they sync is enabled.

Daniel Stonek

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello D, thanks for your help.
I don't have Contacts associated to any email account (Email has been always disabled in iCloud)
As I said before I had no problems until I realized some days ago certain new contact I added in my phone was not in my Desktop (iMac) nor iCloud
Thanks
PS: I checked again today and magically that contact was synced. (no typo errors because other people with the same last name were listed on that times)
Who knows...

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
PS: I checked again today and magically that contact was synced. (no typo errors because other people with the same last name were listed on that times)
Who knows...

I guess it must've been a temporary glitch i.e. caused by a loss of connection with iCloud at the time you added the contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal