How do i delete contacts on iphone 5 ios 7?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Scroll to the very bottom of the contact by opening your contact app. Hit EDIT in the upper right corner, In RED you will see Delete Contact.... Simply delete it and it that contact will be gone. I would backup to either iTunes or iCloud in case you are deleting many and you deleted some you did not intend you could get them back and start over.

momuv2dox

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I woke up this morning and every student I taught in the past 15 years appeared on my contact list. I have no clue as to how they got in there . I have an ATT IPhone I realize this has something to do with gmail and I cloud but I'm not sure what happened and how to get rid if it and so that it won't happen again? Was it something I did while syncing or with backup?Do I need to be in front of my imac or can I do something while I'm on my iPhone besides deleting each person individually? thanks so much for answering!!!

MikeTaylorPics

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Open Contacts on your computer and delete the contact.

Connect your phone to your computer, open iTunes on the computer and do a sync.

That should remove the same contact from your phone.

This method may differ depending on the OS of the computer. Doing an internet search may help.

Good luck with it.

I've been trying to remove Groups of contacts from my iPad Mini, and I think I finally figured it out.

There is almost no data for this action using OSX Mavericks, because it is so new I suppose.

susie114

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I would like to be able to click a bunch and delete them?? I also DO not have a delete button !!!!!!!!!!!! help
my husband got all his emaill and FB peeps in my phone !!!!! :devil:

sean989

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi!... I've tried everyone's suggestion, I scroll to the very bottom of the screen to delete contact but there is no option. It's strange because my i4 had the same option you have stated. I don't get it...

Roger Woodard

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
You have to go into each contact u don't want to delete hit the edit button in the top right the go all the way down hit the unlink option after that clost your contacts app all tge way out then open it again go to the contact hit edit then it will give you the option to delete :) hope this helps

Natalie McD

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, 16 replies and no actual response to the scenario where there is no delete button present when one hits 'edit.'

So, 16 replies that are categorically NOT helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711