Hi, I purchased a Verizon iPhone 5s from the Apple website on day one and sold it to someone on eBay. I currently have an iPhone 5 activated on the Verizon network. The person received the phone today and is saying that my number appears on the phone and he can't use it unless I first activate the phone and then deactivate the phone. Is there any way around this?

Thanks.....
    10-05-2013 01:21 AM
    No, I believe it is Verizon's policy that if you upgraded to the 5S, it must first be activated on your account. After that you can remove the SIM and activated your iPhone 5 on your line and are free and clear to sell the 5S.
    10-05-2013 04:56 AM
    When i read your thread I checked with VZW and they told me ( Tech Support) that their sim in the 5S comes Pre Loaded so therefore you would have to call them to have your info verified and then have the sim reprogramed for you. I would suggest you call them at 800-922-0204 and ask for tech support to clarify this bu that is what they told me. It seemed to me that the person I was talking to knew what they were talking about. Give it a shot unless you already got this taken care of.
    10-11-2013 08:01 PM
    When i read your thread I checked with VZW and they told me ( Tech Support) that their sim in the 5S comes Pre Loaded so therefore you would have to call them to have your info verified and then have the sim reprogramed for you. I would suggest you call them at 800-922-0204 and ask for tech support to clarify this bu that is what they told me. It seemed to me that the person I was talking to knew what they were talking about. Give it a shot unless you already got this taken care of.
    No need to call unless a person needs to. All that is needed since the SIM card is already installed is to boot up the Verizon 5S and follow the on screen instructions. Once the SIM has been activated on the account, the owner is free to remove it and sell the 5S to someone else.
    10-11-2013 08:08 PM
    Rose please reread what the OP said about already selling it and when the buyer turns it on the sellers number comes up, This is why VZW told me the buyer has to call to have info verified and have the pre installed SIM reprogramed. That is why i was told they have to call. If Their own tech support told me incorrect info and I don't believe they did , I stand corrected.
    10-12-2013 09:23 PM
    Ya I'm pretty sure it has to be activated first then changed .. I would just have the person who bought it buy u on a three way call and correct the issue
    10-12-2013 10:30 PM
    Rose please reread what the OP said about already selling it and when the buyer turns it on the sellers number comes up, This is why VZW told me the buyer has to call to have info verified and have the pre installed SIM reprogramed. That is why i was told they have to call. If Their own tech support told me incorrect info and I don't believe they did , I stand corrected.
    My bad, I did miss the part about the OP not having the 5S in their possession anymore. In which case, the advice that the Verizon rep gave you is correct.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    10-13-2013 07:54 PM
    My bad, I did miss the part about the OP not having the 5S in their possession anymore. In which case, the advice that the Verizon rep gave you is correct.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro
    It's all good. I misread or miss things as well. Admitting them is what makes us work together.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    10-13-2013 08:46 PM
    All orders that come from the "Apple.com" directly must activated with the preinstalled sim and the original upgrading phone number or the phone will be useless. Nothing Vzn can do to override that. It's a security thing that Apple enforces.
    10-13-2013 08:56 PM