Issue with answer calls with IOS7

I

iMore Question

Anyone experiencing an issue with the slide to answer a call with IOS7. I seem to either unintentionally end the call because when I swipe the button get hit or I have to swipe 3 or 4 times, then miss the call. Any solutions out there?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Swipe to answer.. I don't have a decline or end button on lock screen.

Now when the phone is unlocked. I get decline or answer... I do not have to swipe. It's just one tap.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't start your swipe from the left edge of the phone it's a shorter swipe than your use to in iOS6

Start your swipe at about the same spot as the Z on your keyboard see if that works for you

Sent from my iPhone 5

Darren Keenan

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I really regret downloading the new software as I keep missing calls. I have to swipe about 5 times until it will answer. I contacted Apple about it and asked if there was a way I could get the old software back. The answer was no. At least with Windows if you have issues with Windows 8 you can always just re-install Windows 7. I'll have to put up with it until my contract is up and then I will be switching to Galaxy. This would never have happened when Steve Jobs was alive. Apple's gone Pear Shaped.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I really regret downloading the new software as I keep missing calls. I have to swipe about 5 times until it will answer. I contacted Apple about it and asked if there was a way I could get the old software back. The answer was no. At least with Windows if you have issues with Windows 8 you can always just re-install Windows 7. I'll have to put up with it until my contract is up and then I will be switching to Galaxy. This would never have happened when Steve Jobs was alive. Apple's gone Pear Shaped.

I love the "this would never happen when Steve Jobs was alive" meme. Remember, Jobs' first iPhone was 2G when 3G was already widely available. Steve Jobs' first iPhone OS did not do cut/paste and copy/paste operations. Steve Jobs' first iPhone OS did not do MMS messaging. Under Steve Jobs, Apple DID NOT allow you to go back to any version of the iPhone OS (or, later, iOS) beyond the most current.

Shall I continue?

It’s time the "when Steve Jobs was alive" meme died. Most of the time, issues attributed to it are simply not true. And, as always, it gets better with time.

And the most common corollary to the "when Steve Jobs was alive" meme has to do with how Apple is now going down the sewer drain ... hogwash ...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had some issues with slide to answer in iOS 7.
For me I think it was a visual cue of the previous iOS actually having a slider. Based on what I've seen posted on the latest iOS 7 beta it's returning to that in a sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods