I just updated to iOS7 on my iPhone 4S. The way Siri acts with text messaging is different than the previous system. I used to be able to put a jack into the headphone output and run it into my car sound system, and use Siri to do text messaging in the car without taking my eyes off the road. When I would dictate a text, Siri would read it back to me automatically before asking me if I wanted to send it. The new iOS7 update does not seem to do this, and I can't find a control panel that would enable this behavior with Siri. Has it been removed from iOS7, or is there a control panel that I'm missing?
    10-02-2013 08:47 PM
    I don't use Siri with my vehicle's sound system, however, I do use Siri while driving. Yet, I don't recall Siri automatically reading my composed message prior to sending, and I have yet to find a setting that would enable or disable that particular function.
    10-02-2013 09:13 PM
    You can say the word "Review" and Siri will read the message to you before sending.
    10-02-2013 09:33 PM
    You can say the word "Review" and Siri will read the message to you before sending.
    I know how to get Siri to read the message, but the OP said that Siri "automatically" read messages that he composed prior to sending, and I don't recall that ever happening to me while using Siri for iMessage / SMS purposes.
    10-02-2013 09:38 PM
    Yes Siri used to do this automatically. I remember it as well. Now you have to ask her to review it.
    10-03-2013 08:57 AM
    I know how to get Siri to read the message, but the OP said that Siri "automatically" read messages that he composed prior to sending, and I don't recall that ever happening to me while using Siri for iMessage / SMS purposes.
    Right. Just trying to give the OP a suggestion on how to get it done since it doesn't do it automatically.
    10-03-2013 06:02 PM
    It reads it back to me automatically I compose and after I dictate Siri says this is your message and reads it all back. Then it asks if I'm ready to send it and my options if I say no are review, change or cancel.
    10-03-2013 09:18 PM
    I just updated to iOS7 on my iPhone 4S. The way Siri acts with text messaging is different than the previous system. When I would dictate a text, Siri would read it back to me automatically before asking me if I wanted to send it. The new iOS7 update does not seem to do this, and I can't find a control panel that would enable this behavior with Siri. Has it been removed from iOS7, or is there a control panel that I'm missing?
    It's been changed, and for the worse. I actually made a post about it too. The problem for me now is that when I take the extra step of asking Siri to review the text she then asks if I'm ready to send it, however there isn't a beep after that for me to say yes (or any other subsequent command)...so I wind up having to look at the phone and interacting with the screen to take further action. It's a real problem when I'm in the car. Whoever made the call at Apple to change the way it was made a mistake.
    10-26-2013 10:33 AM
    It's been changed, and for the worse. I actually made a post about it too. The problem for me now is that when I take the extra step of asking Siri to review the text she then asks if I'm ready to send it, however there isn't a beep after that for me to say yes (or any other subsequent command)...so I wind up having to look at the phone and interacting with the screen to take further action. It's a real problem when I'm in the car. Whoever made the call at Apple to change the way it was made a mistake.
    Why do you have to look at the screen? I use Siri all the time to send and read iMessage when I'm walking. When she says do you want me to send it just answer Yes or No. If it doesn't pick up the response Siri will prompt "I didn't get a response do you want me to send it?". If you want Siri to read new messages just activate and say "new messages" it's awesome.
    10-26-2013 01:51 PM
    Didn't know about the 'Review' option reading it back to me.
    MUCH safer when driving, will be using this for sure!
    10-26-2013 02:29 PM
    Siri automatically reads my text messages when I speak them when connect to a hands free Device too.

But only text messages not emails. Odd it seems inconsistent in the thread.
    10-26-2013 03:30 PM
    Why do you have to look at the screen? I use Siri all the time to send and read iMessage when I'm walking. When she says do you want me to send it just answer Yes or No. If it doesn't pick up the response Siri will prompt "I didn't get a response do you want me to send it?"
    I can't just answer yes or no, because I want to make sure she transcribed what I said properly. So I now have to ask her to review the message. After she reviews she asks if I want to send it...but I don't get the prompt to speak...she just hangs and there's silence...so I have to look at the phone to prompt it to hear my response. It worked seamlessly before the update when she'd read the transcription automatically.
    10-26-2013 05:32 PM
    I tried and it worked ok. Waiting for the next update to get it done to perfection. I also found out how to teach Siri pronunciation - I have a foreign name, and she does so well. Nice job, Apple.
    12-17-2013 07:59 PM
    Just checked it myself and swichbeach and Karen are both correct. I went to send you an imessage and it asked if if i wanted to send it and before I asked to review and it read it back, I then cancelled it.
    12-17-2013 08:11 PM
    Learn something new everyday I don't usually ask Siri to compose messages but will start now

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    12-17-2013 08:25 PM