auto brightness

I

iMore Question

Help! My iPhone4 stays bright and does not ever go to sleep. I can't find the brightness/dimming switch...any suggestions?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have iOS7 on it... pull up the control center from the bottom of the display.

Otherwise... Settings>> Wallpapers & Brightness and Settings>> General>> AutoLock for having it "sleep" automatically.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Tap Settings > Wallpapers & Brightness to adjust the brightness of the screen by dragging the slider, or turn on Auto-Brightness to use the built-in ambient light sensor*. When Auto-Brightness is on, the device's ambient light sensor measures the current level of lighting and uses that for future brightness adjustments.

When Auto-Brightness is enabled, you may notice that the brightness slider has moved to match the current light condition based on what was set before. If you adjust the brightness, the setting will learn to match the set brightness for that light condition.
* Auto-brightness is available only for devices with an ambient light sensor.

Also check Auto Lock..... Open up the Settings app, tap on General, tap on Auto-Lock, and set it to the time limit you’re comfortable with. Just remember if you turn it off completely that you’ll need to manually lock your phone every time you’re done with it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear advice given to you worked. Should this happen again, go into settings to Wallpaper and Brightness and turn Auto Brightness off in a dark room. Wait a minute or so and then turn it back on and flip the switch in the dark room back on and and you will see the slider move to the proper light as it should be. There is a very good article on this on our blog side. This says iOS 6 but works the same with iOS 7.

How to fix auto-brightness issues with iOS 6 | iMore

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW