Microphone on ipad mini not working since ios7

I

iMore Question

Good day,
Since I've updated my iOS the microphone has stopped working,p. I've conducted searches on the issue on the net to see if others are having this problem and I've found a good bit of people with the same complain. Based on research I was to allow apps such as Skype, magi jack and iannotate access in order for it to work. I'vechecked my settings and they already had permission. The microphone doesn't even work with Siri or while recording a video with the native camera app. Is there any solution for this? Please help!

Please help!

Thank you in advance

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you make phone calls, and can the person you're calling here you? If so, the microphone is not damaged. You may need to restore your device and set it up as new.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If the reboot doesn't work do a backup. Then connect to iTunes and click restore. After iOS is reloaded when it asks to "Setup as new" or restore from backup choose "Setup as new". This is just to test whether the issue is hardware or software related. Once it's done the setup go in and test the microphone using the built in camera, voice recorder apps. If it works connect to iTunes and restore again this time instead of setup as new choose restore from backup and restore from your latest backup. Then test the microphone and if it is still working then you're good to go must have been an issue during the update. If it doesn't work when you setup as new then take it in to Apple because it needs to be replaced.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW