Just for the record I'm not trying to help anyone beat the system I'm trying to give the person a solution that benefits them and benefits Apple. Nuff said on my part have a great day.
    The solution you're suggesting is adding AppleCare+ after a device has suffered damage is it not? Yeah, doing that would benefit the OP greatly... still does not make it right in my book...

Nuff said on my part have a great day.
    10-03-2013 11:38 AM
    Yes, I am for real. If this guy goes into an Apple store, tells the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and the Apple Genius replaces his phone, great. But to try to sneak in the back door and get a new phone without paying for it when the original one was damaged by the owner's own actions, how is that different from stealing a new phone?

What makes your scenario right? The fact that the phone costs $2-300? The fact that the phone is less than 2 weeks old? The fact that the customer ruined his phone and is now unhappy?

I honestly dont understand how that position can be justified, morally.
    Yes you've got me you are morally more upstanding.
    10-03-2013 08:51 PM
    Okay since I was called out. Let me clear somethings up....

First my post has nothing to do with what you are trying to make it out to be...

My post was nothing more then Apple care discussion vs advising the OP what to do.

Simple fact I stated was Apple will be able to verify that the phone was just delivered to me. Which they did back in the day. They then added apple care.

My main post was addressing why you should have apple care from the beginning. Not how to add it after.

It's not that this user can do this. Come on be serious..... No way would apple allow it.

In my task of adding apple care was simple because it was not activated and they confirmed it was just delivered with in 5 min of calling them.

Apple could have said no. But they didn't. Because it was brand new.

Hopefully that clears things up...... Sorry for the confusion.
    10-04-2013 02:08 AM
28 12