Hi,
    I am buying an iPhone 5 on eBay which is locked to Ireland three network.
    I don't have Ireland three sim card and live in London.

I am a newbie to jailbreaking.

Question is, will I be able to jailbreak or unlock this phone without having Ireland three sim card? Shall I go ahead with transaction?

Thanks.

PS: are there chances of fraud in this deal? Thanks.
    Can it happen that phone stays useless forever? Seller says that it's brand new, replacement phone.
    Also please guide me how shall I jailbreak/unlock it? Thanks.
    10-02-2013 09:22 AM
    If you have an account on "3" - it might be worthwhile.
    John Yester likes this.
    10-02-2013 09:25 AM
    I'm a little rusty on unlocking but as for Jailbreak you will need to ask the seller which version of iOS is on the phone. A Jailbreak for iOS 7 is not out yet and it may be awhile I haven't heard anything about it yet. So if the phone is still on iOS 6 then it might be possible to Jailbreak it. As for unlocking there are a few ways to unlock. If you want to use the software unlock via Jailbreak then you will again need to find out from the seller what modem firmware the phone is running. You can find the info in the Settings under General, About. There are also sites where you can submit your IMEI and the phone is unlocked but I have never used any sites so I don't know how much of a guarantee it is that it will work. There are hardware solutions like the Gevey sim but again I have never used that either so my suggestion is to look it up on the web or go into the Jailbreak forums and ask around or search. As for the chance of fraud on the transaction there is always a chance of that when you can't see the hardware in person. The phone could be dead on arrival, broken in some way it all depends on how truthful the seller is to you. As for needing the SIM during Jailbreak there used to be an option to activate the phone which would take away the need for the SIM of the carrier the phone is locked to. However with the new automated service of the new tools you don't have the option so I don't know if it's automatically done during the process or not.

Info on Jailbreaking
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS Using Evasi0n (Windows) [6.1.2]

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS Using Evasi0n (Mac) [6.1.2]
    John Yester likes this.
    10-02-2013 11:22 AM