Changing iCloud account name

I

iMore Question

When I downloaded iOS7 on my iPad, I was asked for the password for an old Apple ID. After several unsuccessful attempts with the password for the old Apple ID as well as my current one, I clicked the skip button. Everything appears to be working -- I was even able to change the Apple ID for Find my iPhone and Find my iPad. But when I go to iCloud in settings, it again asks for my password for the old Apple ID, and it lists that ID as my iCloud account name. When I try to change the password, it sends an email to the email account associated with the current Apple ID. I changed the password, but iCloud still does not recognize it. And settings won't let me change the account name.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I downloaded iOS7 on my iPad, I was asked for the password for an old Apple ID. After several unsuccessful attempts with the password for the old Apple ID as well as my current one, I clicked the skip button. Everything appears to be working -- I was even able to change the Apple ID for Find my iPhone and Find my iPad. But when I go to iCloud in settings, it again asks for my password for the old Apple ID, and it lists that ID as my iCloud account name. When I try to change the password, it sends an email to the email account associated with the current Apple ID. I changed the password, but iCloud still does not recognize it. And settings won't let me change the account name.

You cannot "change the account name", per se. What you have to do is go to Settings > iCloud > {scroll to bottom} > DELETE ACCOUNT. Then set up a new iCloud account.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods