What is "Documents & Data" and how do I delete it?

V

Verna55

Please help, I was syncing my iPhone 4S yesterday & noticed a section at the bottom that was taking up more storage than any 3 apps, it was " documents & data " first of all, please tell me what it is, & second how do I delete it. I'm not using I cloud.. Please help, Thank You in advance. Verna

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Documents & Data

Please help, I was syncing my iPhone 4S yesterday & noticed a section at the bottom that was taking up more storage than any 3 apps, it was " documents & data " first of all, please tell me what it is, & second how do I delete it. I'm not using I cloud.. Please help, Thank You in advance. Verna

It is apparently something that was previously reported in the iTunes summary page included in the "OTHER".

There is a setting now in the Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > [iCloud mail account] > Documents & Data > [OFF] to remove it from your phone and stop syncing it.

Attachments

• IMG_1807.PNG
    IMG_1807.PNG
    177.9 KB · Views: 9,931

zachg18

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

I turned "Documents & Data" off but my text messages are still taking up over 2gb (same as before). I have manually deleted all of them, so I am assuming they are still stored somewhere? Any other ideas how to get rid of them? I really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

roxannehull94

May 13, 2014
Visit site

Go to settings> mail, contact, calendars> icloud account>storage and backup> manage storage - then delete the contents.. It gave me 3 GB of space for things I didnt even know were saved.

AliHajinasiri

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is "Documents & Data" and how do I delete it?

Maybe you could get a back up, then in the setting head over reset > erase all content and settings.
Hope that help.

gaganpreet kaur

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

• Backup with iTunes
  • Settings>General>Reset>Erase all content and settings
  • Restore with iTunes
:yes:

Roxie Labelle

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site

On my iPhone 5C it doesnt show "Documents & Data" anywhere on it. How do I delete it off my phone. I cant just go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > iCloud....Cuz theres no "Documents & Data" under it. Im not even set up with iCloud

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site

Connect the external hard drive that you?ll be using as a Time Machine volume to the Mac if you have not done so already
Go to the  Apple menu and go to ?System Preferences?, then choose ?Time Machine?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2