Gmail won't send emails since ios7

I

iMore Question

I have my gmail account on my iPhone and iPad, but since updating to ios7, no emails go out, I get a message that the outgoing server failed. Is anyone else having this problem?

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Google has pulled support for exchange server unless you?re on a paid Google program... that was effective around the first of the year.

I have no paid been using exchange since iOS 6 still works. The link I provided is a new how to showing iOS 7 screenshots. Try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have no paid been using exchange since iOS 6 still works. The link I provided is a new how to showing iOS 7 screenshots. Try it.

If you don’t have it on a device after last January, according to Google, you can’t do it ... without a paid Google Apps account...

micaelagr

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Have tried everything, Exchange won't work, have uninstalled and reinstalled, changed outgoing servers, rebooted, but nothing. But thanks anyway!!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Try a reset of network settings? Does it work in the gmail app?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

rlacrossjr

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
This my sound stupid. But log in on your computer. Gmail may have locked it due to unknown location/device. That happened to me when I switched from a iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. Ended up just changing password. Then it worked.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Back in Jan Google disabled new Exchange style set ups of Gmail accounts for normal/free Google/Gmail accounts (more info here: Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help ). AKA, if you are using the same device, it is prob still working, but you can't add new devices, you have to set it up through the Gmail option for new mail accounts, which uses the IMAP protocol rather than Exchange sync.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Back in Jan Google disabled new Exchange style set ups of Gmail accounts for normal/free Google/Gmail accounts (more info here: Google Sync End of Life - Google Apps Help ). AKA, if you are using the same device, it is prob still working, but you can't add new devices, you have to set it up through the Gmail option for new mail accounts, which uses the IMAP protocol rather than Exchange sync.

Post #6 in this thread told him that...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR