Any developers working with ARKit yet?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Of course there are! BUT are any of them also iMore members? Does anyone have any upcoming projects they want to tease us with? You know Uncle PK is always down to hear about that stuff! Trailer/preview videos would be cool! Or just talk about how you are using ARKit. :)

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I wish.. I wouldn't even know where to begin. That might be a great post for someone to put together eventually lol. How to get started with ARKit. I'd love to take a look but i need a dummies guide. :p

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I wish.. I wouldn't even know where to begin. That might be a great post for someone to put together eventually lol. How to get started with ARKit. I'd love to take a look but i need a dummies guide. :p

That's a fantastic idea! I wonder if I can interest any of my developer friends such as @KermEd and @EgoAnt

Last edited:

tuminish12

Jun 30, 2018
Visit site
Yes, I am! Just joined the iMore family and really enjoy working with ARKit. With the new ARKit 2 changes there are soooo many things I can think of. I feel like we are still at the very beginning of what AR can actually offer to the daily user but I feel that we are closed to that point.
As your profil is labeled as "VR Expert" @pkcable, are you more into VR or AR development?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I am! Just joined the iMore family and really enjoy working with ARKit. With the new ARKit 2 changes there are soooo many things I can think of. I feel like we are still at the very beginning of what AR can actually offer to the daily user but I feel that we are closed to that point.
As your profil is labeled as "VR Expert" @pkcable, are you more into VR or AR development?

Welcome @tuminish12! I am not a developer myself although I do have several friends who are. I did work on a BlackBerry app with one of them. I came up with the concept and provided the content, art, text etc and he did the programming.

The VR Expert title means I know a lot about VR, and some AR too. I help to answer questions about VR and AR. Most of my experience is with the Google Daydream, Gear VR and Oculus Go, but I have tried the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. I also have used AR on my phone and with a Merge Cube. I have tried Lenovo’s Jedi Challenges.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73