Ultra under water

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I had my first chance to use the Ultra in the water the last couple of weeks - both in a chlorinated pool and the ocean.

Water detection works. Every time the watch knew it was under water, it turned on water lock automatically.

The Depth app didn't always turn on automatically, though. There were many times that the watch was just showing my watch face (though, as I said, it did properly water lock). But when it did work, it was accurate for depth, and I assume as well for water temperature.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
So far, the deepest my Ultra has gone is about 2 feet deep in my hot tub, but it reports that quite accurately (and automatically). I immediately noticed a change in "water lock" with the Ultra. My AW6 has the eject water function, but it operates the same after it has been in water. The Ultra, on the other hand, prevents any interaction with the screen until the water has been ejected. I'm not sure why that is necessary for the Ultra when it isn't for other AWs.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I had my first chance to use the Ultra in the water the last couple of weeks - both in a chlorinated pool and the ocean.

Water detection works. Every time the watch knew it was under water, it turned on water lock automatically.

The Depth app didn't always turn on automatically, though. There were many times that the watch was just showing my watch face (though, as I said, it did properly water lock). But when it did work, it was accurate for depth, and I assume as well for water temperature.

In the ocean, was it scuba diving or maybe snorkeling? It has a depth gauge, I believe, and I was curious if you saw it work well?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
In the ocean, was it scuba diving or maybe snorkeling? It has a depth gauge, I believe, and I was curious if you saw it work well?

Just swimming. I swam down to the bottom of the pool and probably about 6' deep in the ocean, and it seemed accurate enough (it definitely matched the posted pool depth). But, as I said, the Depth app didn't always pop up automatically.

I liked their automatic water lock by the way. I used to forget when I went into the water and sometimes found my old watch in a weird state from what it thought were screen touches.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711