The Apple Watch Series 8 does less than my old Series 4.
    I used to be able to unlock both my iMac and my MacBook Air with my Series 4 Apple Watch.
    I bought a Series 8 this week, and just got off the phone with Apple Support who tells me the Series 8 will only unlock one of my computers, not both. I have to choose which one to enable.
    09-30-2022 06:53 PM
    No one here knows the answer to "why did Apple do something". You will need to direct "why" questions to Apple.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-01-2022 07:18 AM
    Yes, other than enjoying Apple devices, this is not Apple. Here’s a link to Apple’s Product Feedback site for the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch/#mn_p
    10-01-2022 09:08 AM
    I used to be able to unlock both my iMac and my MacBook Air with my Series 4 Apple Watch.
    I bought a Series 8 this week, and just got off the phone with Apple Support who tells me the Series 8 will only unlock one of my computers, not both. I have to choose which one to enable.
    That doesn't sound right. I'd ask to talk to a higher-level support person to verify this. (It sounds more like the person you spoke with couldn't figure out how to get it working for you fast enough and just wanted too get you off the phone.)
    10-01-2022 12:29 PM
    I went from 4 => 8. There are some subtle differences and some big ones. Overall there are no regrets because my sports app that runs stand alone works much better, battery life is improved most days, and there are advantages to the new display. Your settings could improve batter life even more.

Unlock a Mac has always been a little flakey and I confess finger print on the laptop I use most is superior.
    10-24-2022 07:37 AM