thinking of upgrading to Apple Watch SE from Apple Watch 3

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
have my Apple Watch 3 for about 2-3 years now and I know its a little behind compare to the newer apple watches. even tho it still does what I need and want and I love the Apple Watch regardless. but I feel like I want to switch to Apple Watch SE. something affordable and have an upgrade. anyone who has the Apple Watch SE is it a good watch and how do you guys like it?

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I don’t have the SE but know someone who does. It appears to me to look and largely operate like a modern Apple Watch. It just is minus a couple of the health features, screen size, build material. That’s not to say you wouldn’t notice a difference between the previous Series 6 and the SE gen1 but it’ll feel and operate very much modern Apple Watch.
One suggestion, when you buy, try to buy as good as you can afford (similar to how Rene Ritchie says it). If you can be a patient shopper, you might see a GPS 40mm S6 in the $275 range. But if you have your heart set on an SE, there’s a fair possibility SE gen 2 is coming this year. Buy the gen 2 if you can afford it or patiently shop for a substantial discount on gen 1(once gen 2 comes out). BOL…

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don’t have the SE but know someone who does. It appears to me to look and largely operate like a modern Apple Watch. It just is minus a couple of the health features, screen size, build material.

To add to this list, it lacks always on display. This is a deal-breaker for me, but I can afford the better watch. If I was on a budget and really wanted an Apple Watch, I wouldn't hesitate to get an SE, and would stay away from the Series 3. (I agree with you, though, that at this point it is worth putting off the decision for up to two months based on rumors of a new SE model for this fall.)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Having upgraded from a 3 to a 7 this past April, you will love whatever you choose. I agree with the others though. I would definitely wait until the new lineup of watches is announced next month. That way you can make an informed choice. Also, chances are the series 7 will be marked down, giving you another option.

KCox2021

Sep 13, 2021
Visit site
I've had the series 3 and 5. Now am using the SE1. The original SE is far and away better than the Series 3. Ss far as AOD (Always On Display). I turned it off on the S5 to save battery life. Never really used the EKG function either.

The Series 3 will soon stop being supported if it hasn't already. It's been discontinued from the Apple Store..
I'm looking to trade my SE in for the new one.

You wouldn't do bad with the new SE

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711