Heart Rate Chart Unavailable

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Anybody else here having problems getting a heart rate chart after a workout? I've tried the usual remedies suggested by Apple support, including wearing the watch tighter. I have no tattoos or other reasons why it's not working. What's really bizarre is that it works about one in four runs and not in the other three. Any ideas?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried updating your Apple Watch to the current watchOS version? I suspect so.

I would try unpairing the watch, resetting it and pairing it back again. It is a bazooka option, but sometimes its what it needs.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It's working fine for me. Interestingly, I was missing the weather at the bottom of the workout for weeks, I think after 15.1.1 was released, and that was fixed with 15.2 and watchOS 8.3.

In addition to the ideas from @Ed7789, I'd suggest cleaning the heart rate sensor, and trying first a restart of both phone and watch to see if that makes it more reliable.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
"Have you tried updating your Apple Watch to the current watchOS version?"

Yes. Most mornings I do a slow run with my dog and a longer/faster run alone. The heart rate chart did not work for the first run but it did for the second. Strange!

"I would try unpairing the watch, resetting it and pairing it back again."

I might try that eventually. I'm not sure having the chart is worth that effort. :)

"I'm wondering if this could be a bug after this week's update."

I don't think so. It was flaky before the update and it's flaky now.

" I was missing the weather at the bottom of the workout for weeks, I think after 15.1.1 was released, and that was fixed with 15.2 and watchOS 8.3."

LOL, I didn't even realize it was missing. I looked and it seems to be there sometimes and absent other times.

"I'd suggest cleaning the heart rate sensor, and trying first a restart of both phone and watch to see if that makes it more reliable."

I've done restarts. I haven't tried cleaning more than a rinse. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks all. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Benoregontrail

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
"Have you tried updating your Apple Watch to the current watchOS version?"

Yes. Most mornings I do a slow run with my dog and a longer/faster run alone. The heart rate chart did not work for the first run but it did for the second. Strange!

"I would try unpairing the watch, resetting it and pairing it back again."

I might try that eventually. I'm not sure having the chart is worth that effort. :)

"I'm wondering if this could be a bug after this week's update."

I don't think so. It was flaky before the update and it's flaky now.

" I was missing the weather at the bottom of the workout for weeks, I think after 15.1.1 was released, and that was fixed with 15.2 and watchOS 8.3."

LOL, I didn't even realize it was missing. I looked and it seems to be there sometimes and absent other times.

"I'd suggest cleaning the heart rate sensor, and trying first a restart of both phone and watch to see if that makes it more reliable."

I've done restarts. I haven't tried cleaning more than a rinse. I'll give it a shot.

Thanks all. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Does that help?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2