Screen Protector for the Series 7?

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
I just purchased a AW 7 Stainless Steel which has the Sapphire Crystal. It’s a beautiful screen and I’d like to keep it that way. I’ve used screen protectors in the past on other Apple Watches that didn’t have sapphire in the past. I hate to cover this one up and wonder what others thought. Thanks for your help.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t have the AW7… yet! I have also been wondering about a case. I do use a clear TPU case by July on my Series 3.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a AW 7 Stainless Steel which has the Sapphire Crystal. It’s a beautiful screen and I’d like to keep it that way. I’ve used screen protectors in the past on other Apple Watches that didn’t have sapphire in the past. I hate to cover this one up and wonder what others thought. Thanks for your help.

My stainless steel S5, now 26 months old, does not have a scratch at all on the crystal. You do not need a screen protector for the sapphire crystal watch. (My aluminum S2 had scratches by the end of the first month.)

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site
My stainless steel S5, now 26 months old, does not have a scratch at all on the crystal. You do not need a screen protector for the sapphire crystal watch. (My aluminum S2 had scratches by the end of the first month.)

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. After briefly putting one on the watch and removing it right after I have decided to take that approach. The watch is just too beautiful to cover with anything and I hate to change the look of that. And this is coming from someone who used screen protectors on all my previous watches.

scott Lashville

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
I just purchased an AW 7 Stainless Steel which has the Sapphire Crystal. It’s a beautiful screen and I’d like to keep it that way. I’ve used screen protectors in the past on other Apple Watches that didn’t have sapphire in the past. I hate to cover this one up and wonder what others thought. Thanks for your help.

Even if the display is Sapphire crystal it would scratch at some point so I installed a screen protector from Gadgetshieldz and there were no issues with the touch. Also, after applying it there was no issue with the display quality.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Even if the display is Sapphire crystal it would scratch at some point so I installed a screen protector from Gadgetshieldz and there were no issues with the touch. Also, after applying it there was no issue with the display quality.

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

turbochgd

Sep 21, 2021
Visit site

Thank you Scott. Appreciate your input.