now playing keeps switching to watch content(there is none) when iphone is playing music

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
so...I have an interesting issue.

on my apple watch SE, one of my favorite apps is now playing.

I'll be listening to music on the iphone, and generally having a good time.

the problem I've been seeing at times..is the watch will switch from displaying and having the ability to control playback from the iphone, to the apple watch.

fun fact here..is the music isn't playing via the watch. in point of fact..there is NO music on the apple watch period full stop.

is there a setting or something or other I can toggle to keep that from happening? is this a normal function?

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Same problem.

Now playing will default to "watch" even when something is actively playing on the iphone.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Same problem.

Now playing will default to "watch" even when something is actively playing on the iphone.

Open Apple Watch app on iPhone, under Display and Brightness, turn off Auto-launch Audio Apps.

This can also be done on the Apple Watch.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate the response, but auto-launch audio apps was already turned off

Under General, Back Ground App Refresh, turn Now Playing to off. You’re going to get the white dot at the top, but the app is closed.

What apps are you using for music ?

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Under General, Back Ground App Refresh, turn Now Playing to off. You’re going to get the white dot at the top, but the app is closed.

What apps are you using for music ?

Turning the refresh off for Now Playing seems to have solved it.

Appreciate it!

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
and turned off background refresh for the now playing app.

I wont know if its solved for me til tomorrow when I take my next walk...since thats when I'm most often listening to music via the apple music app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox