Do you wear your Watch while showering or washing dishes?

circatee

Feb 22, 2021
Visit site
More curious and nosy. Am I the only Apple Watch wearer (AW6), that does not do the dishes or shower, with their Apple Watch on? Even the other day, I was cleaning the fish tank, and I placed my watch on the dinning room table.

I know the device can support a percentage of water. But, when I think of how much I paid for the bloody thing, I tend to keep it as far away from water, as possible.

Always thinking of the longevity of the thing. Thoughts...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Washing dishes and showering

I shower with it.

As far as dishes or cleaning, I wear gloves that cover it, but that’s to prevent damaging my skin.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Washing dishes and showering

More curious and nosy. Am I the only Apple Watch wearer (AW6), that does not do the dishes or shower, with their Apple Watch on? Even the other day, I was cleaning the fish tank, and I placed my watch on the dinning room table.

I know the device can support a percentage of water. But, when I think of how much I paid for the bloody thing, I tend to keep it as far away from water, as possible.

Always thinking of the longevity of the thing. Thoughts...

No, you are not. I do not make it a point to get my Watch or any of my other electronics wet, whether they’re waterproof, water-resistant or not. I don’t even sleep with my Watch on. Otherwise, I wear it all day every day and have been doing so since the 2015 when I received the original generation Watch.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I never wear my Watch in the shower. I don't bother to take it off if I'm just rinsing and loading dishes into the dishwasher. If I'm doing dishes in the sink, then I take it off.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Never wear my Apple Watch in the shower or while doing dishes. I don’t care what they say, I’m not taking a chance on ruining it!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I never shower with the watch on. The point of showering is to clean. your body, so I want to clean the part of my wrist where the watch goes. Plus, I just don't need the watch on in the shower.

But doing the dishes: yes, I do wear the watch. The only time I take it off when it comes to water (besides showering) is when I need to swim down deep in the water.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I do not wear my Apple Watch while showering. I do, however, wear my Apple Watch while doing dishes, while kayaking, and while washing my truck. No problems with water.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Ive done it all with my series three stainless steel, treat it just it was on of my mechanical watches and it still works like new many surface scratches and crystal has no scratches at all. Hope I didn't make a mistake by going with the series 7 aluminum, time will tell.

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I wear mine in the shower when the band needs cleaning. Wear it for everything else. I have had an aluminum version of the 0, 3, and my current 6. Treat them all the same with no issue.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My Series 4 has years of much water, dishwashing and water sports use including snorkeling in saltwater. I don't purposely get it in a pressurized water stream but the thing has held up well as a sports and work device.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don’t wash dishes.

Ug, a lucky guy! Wont you spill ur secret even a bit???????
I used to have a series 3 quite some time ago, but I never felt embracing it. I know it's a convenient digital gadget but as far as the wrist watch goes, I am full mechanical (quartz). I have 2 rather expensive wrist watches and I never worried about getting wet (they withstand up to 100m water depth etc which is rather normal these days but still do not go into shower. A creature of habits from when mech watches were not quite water tight). One has a leather band and another a titanium one. When I wear leather strap, I do remove the watch when washing face etc. mainly to protect leather which is prone to water (hence no Apple-Hermes band, although Amazon sells regular weather band. I do not like those funky bands by Apple. Perhaps I am still a traditionalist, or just an old hermit:)
I am lately warming up to an idea of owning the latest Apple watch as it has more than a few excellent functions that fit me (perhaps I wear two different watches in both hands, lol). Most Apple watch bands look disposable and I probably wear it for daily water splashing work, but perhaps not for shower. When I do purchase one of those watches, I might storm this forum with questions??????

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I get my watch in the water frequently - swimming, snorkeling, hot tub, washing dishes, etc. And, I have done so with every Apple watch I've owned, including the series 1. About the only thing I haven't done is wear it diving.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
I don’t shower with it. That’s part of my charging cycle. I have worn it in my pool thiugh. I do rinse dishes off with it (then into the dishwasher). I have an S6, with silicone band, and it’s been durable so far. My S7 is on order but it’s 3 weeks out shipping.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal