I'm going to trade in my Watch 5 for the 7 on Friday. I want to get Wi-Fi and Cellular Model this time. How do I choose the right carrier? when I look at the 6 order selections, it doesn't off a choice of carriers.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    10-06-2021 06:44 PM
    Who’s your current mobile carrier and why not activate the cellular model Watch with it? THe cellular model is nice to have, especially during times when you can’t use your phone, don’t want to carry your phone or forgot to grab your phone. With that being said, the times you use the cellular portion of your Watch will probably be a lot less than you think so if you’re satisfied with your current cellular provider then activate your Watch with it.
    aximtreo and bgl321 like this.
    10-06-2021 07:47 PM
    I would check with your iPhone carrier first. I went with AT&T because adding the line for the watch was only an additional $10 a month. I believe that Verizon and T-Mobile offer the same thing.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-07-2021 02:37 AM
    You can’t choose a different carrier for the watch - it must be the same carrier as the iPhone that activates and pairs with the watch.
    Annie_M, scruffypig and turbochgd like this.
    10-07-2021 12:32 PM
    You can’t choose a different carrier for the watch - it must be the same carrier as the iPhone that activates and pairs with the watch.
    Exactly! Thanks for the clarification!
    10-07-2021 04:09 PM
    That's my point. At purchase time, I see no way to specify the carrier. I bought a Series 5 and found out I could only activare it on T-Mobile. I guess I'm confused or missed something during the watch building process.
    10-08-2021 10:53 AM
    That's my point. At purchase time, I see no way to specify the carrier. I bought a Series 5 and found out I could only activare it on T-Mobile. I guess I'm confused or missed something during the watch building process.
    That’s right. You purchase a cellular watch and you activate on your iPhone with the carrier that you have on your iPhone. There aren't carrier-specific watches - you buy a cellular watch, and, if you have a plan on your carrier that supports adding an Apple Watch, you can add it to your iPhone carrier plan as a device that shares that plan using the Watch app on the iPhone. Apple still isn’t selling standalone cellular Apple Watches - it must be paired with an iPhone.
    10-08-2021 12:08 PM
    That’s right. You purchase a cellular watch and you activate on your iPhone with the carrier that you have on your iPhone. There aren't carrier-specific watches - you buy a cellular watch, and, if you have a plan on your carrier that supports adding an Apple Watch, you can add it to your iPhone carrier plan as a device that shares that plan using the Watch app on the iPhone. Apple still isn’t selling standalone cellular Apple Watches - it must be paired with an iPhone.
    Thanks for the response; makes sense.
    10-08-2021 12:17 PM
    Do you need cellular on an Apple watch in order to send text msg & email?
    10-09-2021 12:27 PM
    Do you need cellular on an Apple watch in order to send text msg & email?
    As long as it or your iPhone has an internet connection then the answer is no.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-09-2021 12:29 PM
    Thanks. The 6 with cellular is about $100.00 more than gps only, plus an additional $10.00 per month for the connection makes it not worth it for me. I’d rather save the money, and carry my phone.
    aximtreo and scruffypig like this.
    10-09-2021 12:42 PM
    Thanks. The 6 with cellular is about $100.00 more than gps only, plus an additional $10.00 per month for the connection makes it not worth it for me. I’d rather save the money, and carry my phone.
    This is how I look at it. Cellular on the Apple Watch really matters if you plan on being away from your iPhone or Wi-Fi.
    Just_Me_D and aximtreo like this.
    10-10-2021 03:13 PM
    That’s a valid point, but i always carry my phone with me.
    scruffypig likes this.
    10-10-2021 03:19 PM
    That’s a valid point, but i always carry my phone with me.
    Same here.
    10-10-2021 03:25 PM