I'm coming from many years a samsung user and have had an original moto 360, galaxy watch, and galaxy watch 3. None of which had ever seen a scratch after wearing for 2 years each and no screen protectors. Now after 3 days with my watch se there appears to be a tiny chip on the glass and I don't recall ever even bumping it lightly. So, is the glass on these things that delicate and I have to baby it that much?
    09-28-2021 03:32 PM
    I have had my Series 3 for 3/5 years. I use a clear case on it, and it's in pristine condition. My sister does not use a case. She's had hers for 3 years and it's in good shape.
    09-28-2021 03:48 PM
    I'm coming from many years a samsung user and have had an original moto 360, galaxy watch, and galaxy watch 3. None of which had ever seen a scratch after wearing for 2 years each and no screen protectors. Now after 3 days with my watch se there appears to be a tiny chip on the glass and I don't recall ever even bumping it lightly. So, is the glass on these things that delicate and I have to baby it that much?
    In my opinion, the display of the Watch isn’t “delicate” at all. I’ve had the original Watch, the Series 3 and my current Series 5. None of them have ever had a protecting casing or display covering. I wear my Watch all day everyday and you’d probably need a microscope to find a scratch on it.
    Annie_M and ksassy like this.
    09-28-2021 04:02 PM
    Not really, what did you do to chip the display?
    09-28-2021 04:28 PM
    The aluminum Apple Watches through the S6 use a glass called Ion-X Glass that is not completely scratch resistant. My S2 had a number of scratches and gouges within weeks. That said, you really had to look for them to see them - they didn't ruin the display at all.

The stainless steel (including Hermes), ceramic, titanium, and the original gold watches use sapphire crystals that are very scratch resistant. My two year old S5 does not have any scratches on the crystal at all.

The new s7 is supposed to be using a thicker, tougher crystal, I assume for just the aluminum body watches, but Apple said nothing about scratch resistance - they just said that it was more shatter-resistant IIRC.
    09-28-2021 05:37 PM
    Thanks for the replies. That is good to hear. I'm not sure what happened. I swear I haven't even tapped this thing on anything, never the less hard enough to cause the chip. Again, it is tiny but it's there. No scratches or anything, but the one tiny chip.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-30-2021 01:46 PM
    I own both watches and they are both very tough devices.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-01-2021 07:39 AM