Battery Series 5

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I haven’t changed anything. Last couple days at 7pm 24% battery life. It was at least 45% by 7pm before.

Battery life is horrible on series 5. I hate it!
Ever since the last update battery has not been consistent. And I haven’t changed what alerts I have chosen to have on my watch.

Other than this I love the Apple Watch. I have had series 2 3 and 4.

Should had kept the 4. Never battery issue

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried restarting the phone and the watch? Sometimes that fixes battery drains like that - it has for me in the past.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to what doogald has stated, check to see if you have a rogue app that’s causing the battery drain. I have a Series 5 stainless steel Watch and I have plenty of battery life left by the time I put it back on the charger around 10-10:30 PM after having worn it since 7:30 AM.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
When I updated my Apple Watch to the latest public beta, it displayed the Apple logo for longer than I liked. Much longer.

Also do you have the watch set to listen for “Hey Siri” ? If so, you might want to shut that off.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am going thru everything now. It’s a big disappointment tho from having the 4 which never went below 70%. I know there are differences in the watches but this is a big drop When I first got it was at least 65%

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have decided to turn off constantly on screen mode. I am in optical and always busy with my hands . Hopefully it will help battery life. I don’t care if it’s not on all the time. My concern is the battery life particularly when my day is long

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have decided to turn off constantly on screen mode. I am in optical and always busy with my hands . Hopefully it will help battery life. I don’t care if it’s not on all the time. My concern is the battery life particularly when my day is long

That should make a difference!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Hope so. But it’s disappointing that the features can’t be used to the fullest abilities
This is an expensive watch

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
A coworker has the series 6. Her watch has better battery life.
I have tried searching and have found others having same issue with their series 5

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
A coworker has the series 6. Her watch has better battery life.
I have tried searching and have found others having same issue with their series 5

On the watch, Settings / Battery / Battery Health (for some reason you cannot see this in the Watch app on the iPhone). What is your maximum capacity at? Mine is 91% for my S5 bought when it first came out, so that could explain part of why your watch (if health is similarly degraded) is performing worse than a new S6.

Personally I would rather have AOD than a few percentage points more battery. I sleep with my watch on, so I always start the day around 85%, but I'm able to charge after I exercise in the morning while I eat breakfast and shower for the day. I'm usually at about 50% to 65% by 10 pm, when I put the watch on the charger for an hour before I go to bed. I even have a charging cable in the car in case I need to get a little charge while I am driving somewhere. Of course I'd love better battery, but my charging strategies work for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234