Battery Series 5

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The battery is working perfectly. Apple store ran diagnostics on the watch. We did do a complete reset because of the update
It was at 56% when I put it on charger last night. I don’t sleep with it on. It was better yesterday. Sometimes my days are very long and I am not happy when at 10% which has happened. I am just not happy that it drains quickly. Hopefully now it will have better performance.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
On the watch, Settings / Battery / Battery Health (for some reason you cannot see this in the Watch app on the iPhone). What is your maximum capacity at? Mine is 91% for my S5 bought when it first came out, so that could explain part of why your watch (if health is similarly degraded) is performing worse than a new S6.

Personally I would rather have AOD than a few percentage points more battery. I sleep with my watch on, so I always start the day around 85%, but I'm able to charge after I exercise in the morning while I eat breakfast and shower for the day. I'm usually at about 50% to 65% by 10 pm, when I put the watch on the charger for an hour before I go to bed. I even have a charging cable in the car in case I need to get a little charge while I am driving somewhere. Of course I'd love better battery, but my charging strategies work for me.

That sounds like a really good strategy.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am so DONE. I traded in the 5. Got the 6 this morning. Still need to set it up. Hopefully it’s good. Got great trade in from Apple

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
On the watch, Settings / Battery / Battery Health (for some reason you cannot see this in the Watch app on the iPhone). What is your maximum capacity at? Mine is 91% for my S5 bought when it first came out, so that could explain part of why your watch (if health is similarly degraded) is performing worse than a new S6.

Personally I would rather have AOD than a few percentage points more battery. I sleep with my watch on, so I always start the day around 85%, but I'm able to charge after I exercise in the morning while I eat breakfast and shower for the day. I'm usually at about 50% to 65% by 10 pm, when I put the watch on the charger for an hour before I go to bed. I even have a charging cable in the car in case I need to get a little charge while I am driving somewhere. Of course I'd love better battery, but my charging strategies work for me.

what’s the normal battery health watch series 5, I’m at 95%

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
The rep I spoke to this morning at the Apple store said there is definitely something going on with my series 5. I was there Sat and they ran diagnostics and reset. Still wasn’t getting good battery life. And my frustration was just over the top. I was not happy. So I said to myself this is no more. Originally I was going to have them just switch it out and mail me a 5 replacement
But I got a really good trade in offer and took it. Upgraded to the 6. 26% at 6:30 pm is not acceptable to me. The 5 was the worst ever. And I had the 2, 3, and the 4! The 4 was the best I also in my mind would not be happy selling it because I wouldn’t want that person be unhappy. So trade in was perfect.

I hope the 6 works well. Getting it set up. I got the gold. I wasn’t into the red or blue. I wear a lot of silver but don’t like the silver on the watch. The gold is perfect.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
what’s the normal battery health watch series 5, I’m at 95%

Everything was done. It was checked by Apple. On the watch
To be at 26% at 6:30 pm is not good or acceptable. I am not careless with my tech and it was running decent prior to the last two updates. I would be at 65% in the night. I can accept that. But not what was recently happening

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
Congrats on the 6. I love my 6 and it had amazing battery life. I wear mine overnight for sleep tracking. But it charges so quickly during the day so it works great for me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR