anon(10700196)

Jul 18, 2020
Visit site
So, you’ve not long received your Apple Watch, and you’re not into fitness, per se’. But, how do you decide ‘reasonable’ move goals and stand goals...?

For just the average human, what is ‘acceptable’?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I always, always accept whatever the watch suggests for a move goal. After you get the watch, after a few weeks of monitoring your activity, the watch will begin to adjust the move goal during the weekly summary to a different goal if the current on is unreasonable.

I have reset the Stand goal to six hours because (for me) it is mostly a bogus measurement of fitness, imperfectly measured by the watch, and I grew tired of the reminders to move at 50 minutes past the hour as I was walking somewhere, or, just this morning, I parked the car at 11:05 after driving for thirty minutes and turned off the car, unlocked my phone to see if I had any notifications since I started driving, then reached for my mask, put my mask on, and PING! - the watch awarded me for reaching my stand goal for the day. I was still sitting in the car seat and had not stood up since parking.

But you can just leave the stand goal at 12 and try to get yourself up and moving at least one minute per hour if you think it's not a bad thing for you.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My move goal is 100 calories right now, for reasons personal to me. Normally, it's around 500-550 cal.

My stand goal is simply the default 12 hours. I don't shoot for closing that ring, because sometimes it doesn't register that I stood.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Because this is my first AW and I didn’t understand how all the features work, I just started my settings at minimal for the first week and then increased the goals to what I thought was more realistic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711