What are the differences between the Nike and the regular Watch?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please tell me what the differences are?
I want the space grey. My local Apple store has the Nike in stock but not the regular.
Does the Nike version have all the different faces (without the Nike logo) as the regular?
Are there any app differences?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nike vs Regular Watch?

I want the space grey. My local Apple store has the Nike in stock but not the regular.
Does the Nike version have all the different faces (without the Nike logo) as the regular?

Nike has every face that the regular has, but that’s not true for the other way around.

I still have a Nike series 3 and this time around I decided to go with the regular because I noticed that I don’t use the extra faces and the Nike+ app that’s included with the Nike watch.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Nike vs Regular Watch?

Nike has every face that the regular has, but that’s not true for the other way around.

I still have a Nike series 3 and this time around I decided to go with the regular because I noticed that I don’t use the extra faces and the Nike+ app that’s included with the Nike watch.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Follow up question: can you not use the Nike app / remove it from the watch?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply.
Follow up question: can you not use the Nike app / remove it from the watch?

I never installed it. You get the option to install the Nike+ app during the setup, but that’s just it. You don’t get reminded after that.
I tried it for 2 minutes when I got my S3 and never looked back.

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

The Nike edition also comes with a few colors that you can’t get with the regular ones. Also back in the day that was the one way to get the sport band with holes was with Nike.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Nike vs Regular Watch?

Besides the exclusive Nike Watch edition faces, the Nike edition of Apple Watch comes with Nike Twilight Mode, where your screen fills with color to make you more visible when running. Nike woven bands are wove with reflective thread designed to shimmer when light strikes it. The Nike edition comes with Nike Run Club also, which has guided runs. You can download Nike Run Club app to any Apple Watch and the Nike Watch bands can be bought separately and will fit any Apple Watch. Just some of the features.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I’ve only ever bought Nike+ watches. I started using Nike+ when it first came out in September of 2006 when I had my iPod mini and you had to buy the Nike+ sneakers that you inserted the pod under the insole. I just dug this out of my junk draw. Man those were the days lol
c4243cacba52d9c89d002da5992efbef.jpg

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

The Nike version is exactly like the regular version except it has the additional Nike watch faces. You can use all of the regular watch faces without the Nike logo too. The only drawback is you don’t have as many cases to choose from.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

The only drawback is you don’t have as many cases to choose from.

It's the only drawback but it's a disappointingly big one for me. I really like the exclusive Nike faces but the new Blue S6 was just too nice to pass up.

barbiecies

Feb 1, 2022
Visit site

The first main feature of the Nike version is the built-in dials specifically for runners. If you run regularly or are just about to start classes, you definitely should choose this version of the Nike watch. The interface for the Series 6 has been redesigned, and now the information on the screen is arranged as conveniently and clearly as possible. You can also add modular extensions to these dials for additional features. There are no such dials in the standard version of the watch. Of course, you can do without them, but Nike branded dials create a unique sporting spirit. I wear them under a cap, and adidas yeezy boost 350 sneakers, because they fit right together.

Last edited: