Series 6, Apple please hurry up and send my new watch thread

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it looks like my hopes of mine coming this weekend is slipping away. As of 6:55 AM EST ( Wednesday/ today) my watch is still in the same spot it was in all yesterday in Shanghai:(. No new delivery date either ( originally said this Friday). It’s going on 7pm over there in Shanghai so not sure why it hasn’t moved all day.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
At least you know where your package is.
Mine will only be tracked when it’s arrived in the country

I'm not sure that is worse. I checked this morning and tracking still has not been updated -- the last scan is over 24 hours old and still shows the watch sitting in Shanghai. My delivery date has slipped to Friday. There is something a bit soul crushing in getting hopes up that your watch should be here (original date was today), then check each morning, only to find you are no closer to getting your watch than the day before.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure that is worse. I checked this morning and tracking still has not been updated -- the last scan is over 24 hours old and still shows the watch sitting in Shanghai. My delivery date has slipped to Friday. There is something a bit soul crushing in getting hopes up that your watch should be here (original date was today), then check each morning, only to find you are no closer to getting your watch than the day before.

Right! Tuesday morning I was all excited when I got the ship date of this Friday (which would have been early since Apple first said October 2nd or so). Then it changed to no delivery date and has been sitting in Shanghai like yours all day yesterday and what seems to be all day today SMH. I should have just ordered from Best Buy seems folks got theirs from them in like two days.

Update

While the watch is still in Shanghai UPS updated with the September 25th delivery date (Friday again). I am not going to get too excited because it could change again lol.

Last edited:

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Right! Tuesday morning I was all excited when I got the ship date of this Friday (which would have been early since Apple first said October 2nd or so). Then it changed to no delivery date and has been sitting in Shanghai like yours all day yesterday and what seems to be all day today SMH. I should have just ordered from Best Buy seems folks got theirs from them in like two days.

Update

While the watch is still in Shanghai UPS updated with the September 25th delivery date (Friday again). I am not going to get too excited because it could change again lol.

Updated again and now it’s back to no delivery date smh

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If anybody here is from Las Vegas, apple stores opened up here again today and have many different series 6 watches available for pickup today in all 4 stores according to their websites. No need to wait.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
That sucks! I am sure yours is on the way, i think you probably will hear something today or tomorrow.

The whole idea of ordering 2 seconds after the keynote was that I wanted the watch on launch day. Not launch plus a gajillion days later.
Now I can’t say that I have a launch day watch.
I feel robbed of this opportunity.
Apple is doomed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

You officially win this round. I hope yours will arrive soon.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Talked to two co workers during my lunch break just now and they also mentioned that they watches are in Shanghai as well. I think it's just a large bulk of watches sitting there and the staff at the mailing facility is overwhelmed. But I probably won't order from Apples site for launch items like iphones or watches ever again unless its like I usually do with in store pick up on launch day. If not that, I will order from Best Buy since folks that ordered with them are getting theirs pretty quickly.

Folks over on the Mac Rumors boards also having issues. I am pretty sure mine isn't coming until next week now :(. It seems quite a few folks are finding out their watches are stuck in Shanghai for like two-three days before moving if you ordered though Apple's website or app. Has to go through customs and all that jazz. So Mogelijk and Tartarus I think we are all in the same boat or plane lol.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The latest news in my shipping saga is that UPS has gone back to the message, "Please check back later for scheduled delivery," and the last tracking for my watch about 60 hours old. I'm beginning to think it is going to be next week, but holding out hope something will happen tonight.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The latest news in my shipping saga is that UPS has gone back to the message, "Please check back later for scheduled delivery," and the last tracking for my watch about 60 hours old. I'm beginning to think it is going to be next week, but holding out hope something will happen tonight.

Yea that’s what mine is.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Mine is on the way to KY. Should have tomorrow. Gonna be hard to sleep.

Congrats. Mine show it arrived and now is "In Transit" (Departed from Facility) from Incheon, S. Korea. I hope that means it is on the way to the US but can't really tell, particularly since it only "departed" about 90 minutes ago. I'll feel better about it when they give me back a delivery date.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Did it actually depart, or is it just saying it is "In Transit," possibly with an "Export Scan?" Mine said it was "In Transit" but it stayed in that status for 60-ish hours.

Yea mine just left South Korea heading for the U.S. the folks over on Mac rumors forums have the exact flight it’s on and everything ( they are hardcore lol). So hopefully might get mine Friday or Saturday. The latest I assume would be Monday!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Yea mine just left South Korea heading for the U.S. the folks over on Mac rumors forums have the exact flight it’s on and everything ( they are hardcore lol). So hopefully might get mine Friday or Saturday. The latest I assume would be Monday!

If I'm reading that thread correctly, it appears that my watch is on its way to Anchorage. It appears that plane that took it to Incheon is the same plane headed to Anchorage and that it wasn't on the ground long enough to unload. So, hopefully my watch will be in the US by morning, transport around the US tomorrow, and delivered Friday. I'll be much happier when they give me a delivery date again.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not for me.
It still says my Watch is expected.
Looks like my watch will arrive on the 28th, like Apple initially said it will.