Product Red & Blue Aluminum - Who’s excited and what are you getting?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Product Red & Blue Aluminum

Just a heads up, if any one is after the new braided loop with their S6, apparently it's pretty popular. Standard sport band = 2-3 days, just ordered with a braided band, 7-8 weeks to get the watch with the braided band :(

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I haven’t looked online yet...it’s $99

Haha I was all set to get the (PRODUCT)RED braided loop and then saw that and was like

giphy.gif

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Since I just got my Series 5 a few weeks ago, I won’t be getting a new watch. I will be getting one of the new bands and it definitely won’t be the braided loop

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

I really thought I’d go for the blue, but after studying both the blue and red, I ordered the 40mm red!!! I’m just getting the gps because I still have the cellular series 4 and the gps Nike series 5. Don’t ask why I’m keeping all of them!

And I ordered the new cream sport band - just because- LOL

588a955c711449a70c0ac71e1fc4df0f.jpg

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Product Red & Blue Aluminum

Haha I was all set to get the (PRODUCT)RED braided loop and then saw that and was like

giphy.gif

Right I usually don’t care about the price when I really like something but Yikes!!! I might as well get a leather link & find a sponsor to fund my braided solo loop

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

I ordered the graphite SS. My current Apple Watch is the aluminum model and I just felt like upgrading. Lol

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Product Red & Blue Aluminum

So, I’m officially out.

Starting at 528$ (that’s Canadian Dollars) for this little change compared to S5, there is no way that I can justify it.

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

It’s possible, but it doesn’t seem like it’s actively checking...I could be wrong. I have intermittent asthma & I’m a clinician, so it would be beneficial if it actively checks. If not, I think it just depends on how much someone cares about that number or not. For me it’s not a huge deal...By the time I decide to check SpO2 on my watch, I already know I need to hit the inhaler because I’m wheezing.

From what I heard, and have since read, it does actively check your O2, just not continuously. My impression is it will check maybe 2-5 times per hour -- that isn't clear. I'm on the fence but ordered one to upgrade from my S4, just a question of if I cancel the order. I have both sleeping and breathing issues and the S6 has some sort of upgrades to give more accurate sleep tracking.

Edit: I found more details about automatic O2 measurements from the Apple Support website -- it states: "The Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch will occasionally measure your blood oxygen levels if background measurements are on. This will usually happen when you are not moving. Depending on how active you are, the number of readings collected each day and the time between these readings will vary."

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

The new watch colors have already slipped into late October and in some cases middle of November (wow). I ordered the blue aluminum like 30 mins after the conference ended and got hit with the October 2- October 7th delivery date. I didn't think many folks were going to upgrade and hold out for the iPhone 12 or something but it seems series 6 is popular (judging from the ship dates).

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

From what I heard, and have since read, it does actively check your O2, just not continuously. My impression is it will check maybe 2-5 times per hour -- that isn't clear. I'm on the fence but ordered one to upgrade from my S4, just a question of if I cancel the order. I have both sleeping and breathing issues and the S6 has some sort of upgrades to give more accurate sleep tracking.

Edit: I found more details about automatic O2 measurements from the Apple Support website -- it states: "The Blood Oxygen app on your Apple Watch will occasionally measure your blood oxygen levels if background measurements are on. This will usually happen when you are not moving. Depending on how active you are, the number of readings collected each day and the time between these readings will vary."

Thanks for this info!!! I think have it run in the background will be beneficial to a lot of people. It’s a great feature

The new watch colors have already slipped into late October and in some cases middle of November already (wow). I ordered the blue aluminum like 30 mins after the conference ended and got hit with the October 2- October 7th delivery date. I didn't think many folks were going to upgrade and hold out for the iPhone 12 or something but it seems series 6 is popular (judging from the ship dates).

It’s extremely popular!!! A lot of people upgrade yearly, and there seems to be a lot of folks that held out on the S4 & S5.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this info!!! I think have it run in the background will be beneficial to a lot of people. It’s a great feature

It’s extremely popular!!! A lot of people upgrade yearly, and there seems to be a lot of folks that held out on the S4 & S5.

I would be one of those folks that held off on upgrading to the 4 &5 mainly because of iPhone upgrades. But excited to finally be upgrading my apple watch lol.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

The new watch colors have already slipped into late October and in some cases middle of November (wow). I ordered the blue aluminum like 30 mins after the conference ended and got hit with the October 2- October 7th delivery date. I didn't think many folks were going to upgrade and hold out for the iPhone 12 or something but it seems series 6 is popular (judging from the ship dates).

If the iPhones were introduced yesterday, I would have waited until mid-november with the Watch 6.
But since there was no iPhones announced, I saw no reason not to upgrade.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

My red series 6 is supposed to be here between September 25 and September 29. Hope it doesn’t go longer - LOL

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

If the iPhones were introduced yesterday, I would have waited until mid-november with the Watch 6.
But since there was no iPhones announced, I saw no reason not to upgrade.

Yea if that iphones and apple watches were announced yesterday, I think there would be a fair balance between them. But been debating on if I should upgrade from the iPhone 11 Pro Max but I am heavily leaning towards keeping it for another year and upgrading with the iPhone 13 fall 2021.

shadowboxer8

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

My red series 6 is supposed to be here between September 25 and September 29. Hope it doesn’t go longer - LOL

Lucky one of my co workers said that his watch is suppose to be at his home by Tuesday of next week. I even heard some folks saying their expected delivery dates are as early as this Saturday!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Since my Series 5 is only a few months old and has everything I need I’ll be sticking with it. It’s faster and runs great on watchOS 7.

shelshy

May 3, 2012
Visit site

I just ordered the 44mm in Red. Shows it’s supposed to be delivered 22-24. We shall see when it gets here

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro