The magnetic charging cable is included. It’s the USB adapter that is not.

[IMG=473x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200916/82b8015061e315b4248fc8ab1e068676.jpg[/url]
    Source: https://www.apple.com/ca/watch/compare/#mn_p
    Yep, Nikki said above. I misinterpreted what was said during the keynote. Hey ho, it happens.
    Ed7789 and nikkisharif like this.
    09-15-2020 10:14 PM
    it was a turd of a charger anyhow, no big loss...
    09-16-2020 12:51 AM
    it was a turd of a charger anyhow, no big loss...
    Explain yourself.
    It’s the same charger that’s included in the box since the beginning of the iPhone.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-16-2020 07:50 AM
    Surely if anyone’s going to buy a new Apple Watch, then they’ll already have an iPhone and a usb charger, indeed who hasn’t already got several usb chargers, be it Apple or other manufacturer.
    Just use one you’ve already got with the charge cable that comes with the watch.
    09-16-2020 10:02 AM
    I use anker chargers as you can have multiple usb attachments.

No big loss
    etad putta likes this.
    09-16-2020 01:02 PM
    I understand Apple is trying to reduce their carbon footprint, but the assumption that customers have a dedicated adapter is a mighty big assumption. How do y’all feel about this being removed?
    It's about time. I've thrown away the last few I've received from phones and watches, and I always buy better ones anyway.
    09-16-2020 02:46 PM
    Surely if anyone’s going to buy a new Apple Watch, then they’ll already have an iPhone and a usb charger, indeed who hasn’t already got several usb chargers, be it Apple or other manufacturer.
    Just use one you’ve already got with the charge cable that comes with the watch.
    That’s a heavy assumption!! Not everyone has the luxury to have many just laying around the house. Also, Apple introduced Family Setup. If someone purchases an Apple Watch for someone they’re taking care of, that does not have an iPhone, they’ll need to purchase a charging brick. The brick not being included isn’t huge for me, but I know I’m not the majority here.

It's about time. I've thrown away the last few I've received from phones and watches, and I always buy better ones anyway.
    Why not donate them to shelters or something, instead of tossing them? Someone less fortunate could probably use them.
    09-16-2020 05:04 PM
    That’s a heavy assumption!! Not everyone has the luxury to have many just laying around the house. Also, Apple introduced Family Setup. If someone purchases an Apple Watch for someone they’re taking care of, that does not have an iPhone, they’ll need to purchase a charging brick. The brick not being included isn’t huge for me, but I know I’m not the majority here.
    I did think that Apple should offer to include a charger free of charge to anybody who wants one. I hope that they decide to do this at some point.

Why not donate them to shelters or something, instead of tossing them? Someone less fortunate could probably use them.
    That's not a bad idea and too bad I can't go back and tell my old self.

That said, I still think that this is a net-plus idea. So many people already have chargers, very few people are buying phones for the first time, but, as I said earlier, if Apple included an option to throw in a charger for people who really need one at purchase time, that would be better.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-17-2020 09:20 AM
    I am still using the Watch cable that came with my Watch series 2. The cable that came with my Watch series 4 is still in the box, unopened. I keep it as a backup.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    09-17-2020 04:20 PM
    One question I've had recently, that I don't recall seeing an answer, is if the charging cable will be the same with the Watch 6? I haven't seen where Apple has announced a new replacement charging cable, leading me to believe that it is simply a change inside the watch, just wondering if anyone has heard an official answer?
    09-17-2020 04:55 PM
35 12