iPhone XS MAX and Series 5 randomly restarting: a possible solution?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, I have some advice that has worked for me regarding the following problem.

When I have all my third party apps installed on my Series 5, my phone and watch will randomly restart once every few days (phone restarts anywhere from every three days to 6 or 7 days and watch varies from once in three weeks to once a week). My watch restarts when I look at an Activity notification or go into the Activity app and my phone restarts either when I look at FlightAware or in one of my weather apps.

I think when this happens it’s because the Watch is having a hard time communicating with the phone and vise versa. The processor on both devices is working extra hard and the memory is getting overloaded on both devices as well. Therefore My solution is to remove (uninstall) all of the third party apps on my Watch except BatteryPhone. I might remove BatteryPhone as well but I’m not sure yet.

I also have a lot of apps set to Always for location services and Background App refresh turned on both. My watch has the Always On display turned on but I will disable it soon and change other settings on my other devices to get much better battery life.

Anyway feel free to let me know if the above solution works for you!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For me anymore if there's a web based soultion I add it to the home screen instead of downloading the app. I find this easier and safer due to I always run beta software.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
For me anymore if there's a web based soultion I add it to the home screen instead of downloading the app. I find this easier and safer due to I always run beta software.

Interesting. I have tried that over the years and have not noticed much of a difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh