I just got my S3 Apple Watch today, and when going through setup, opted to install apps manually instead of having them mirrored from my phone. I have the NY Times app on my phone, but it doesn't show up as an available app to install on my watch. I don't see it in the Watch app on my iPhone nor do i see it in the Watch App Store.

Do I need to setup my watch again via full reset, or is there a way to retroactively mirror/synch all apps?
    07-13-2020 03:48 PM
    I just got my S3 Apple Watch today, and when going through setup, opted to install apps manually instead of having them mirrored from my phone. I have the NY Times app on my phone, but it doesn't show up as an available app to install on my watch. I don't see it in the Watch app on my iPhone nor do i see it in the Watch App Store.

Do I need to setup my watch again via full reset, or is there a way to retroactively mirror/synch all apps?
    I am not seeing a New York Times Watch app in the App Store. It would be up to the New York Times to create a Watch app, if they wanted to. I am showing a New York Times iPhone and iPad app.
    07-13-2020 04:02 PM
    It's weird, coz when I Google for "NY Times Apple watch app" I get some hits. The app even appeared on a "best apps list for 2020" https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-apple-watch-news-apps/

I suppose it could've been removed/no longer available, which would be a bummer.
    07-13-2020 04:19 PM
    Unfortunately, not all apps available for iPhones are available for the Apple Watch.
    scruffypig likes this.
    07-13-2020 04:25 PM
    It's weird, coz when I Google for "NY Times Apple watch app" I get some hits. The app even appeared on a "best apps list for 2020" https://www.igeeksblog.com/best-apple-watch-news-apps/

I suppose it could've been removed/no longer available, which would be a bummer.
    Looking at the description in the App Store for The NY Times iPhone app, it says the Apple Watch features include: “Catch up quickly by reading today’s headlines.” and “Receive alerts when big news breaks.”

To get those features you would need to install The NY Times app on your iPhone. I do recall NY Times having a Watch app at one time, I might be wrong. They must have changed this.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 07-14-2020 at 07:26 AM.
    Annie_M likes this.
    07-14-2020 07:15 AM