Activity app not syncing correctly

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday the Activity app on my iPhone was not syncing correctly with my AW Series 5. I rebooted both devices. I read that turning on airplane mode and turning it off might solve the problem. So far today everything seems fine.

Has anyone ever experienced this problem before, if so, what did you do to resolve it?

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Back when my AW2 was new, there were frequent such problems with the activity app. I haven't experienced those problems for years.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I had a similar problem but only when I swapped wearing watches (Series 2 and Series 5) where the activity app wasn't syncing with the auto switch of wearing the other watch. I did the same as you and rebooted both devices then the problem was resolved. I just chalked it up to my Series 2 being old because my Series 5 has no problem syncing. I haven't had it occur on my Series 5 alone so I've since retired my Series 2 and don't swap them out anymore due to the syncing issue.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Usually restarting both devices is all that is needed. There was probably a process used for communications between the devices that crashed on one or the other.

That hasn't happened to me in a long time - maybe a couple of years.